cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire inflator

Toogreys
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a recommendation for a portable tire inflator? I would think because of the size of a Class A the inflator it would have to have a rechargeable power supply.
Captain Stan, First Mate Laura
HMC (AW), USN, RET
1 Kitten, Tabitha, Our other Kitten Tut waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, 2 Dogs, Tatyana & Thaddeus & 1 African Grey Parrot named TC
2003 Southwind no Dingy but looking
11 REPLIES 11

Toogreys
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! You provided me with a couple good Ideas.
Captain Stan, First Mate Laura
HMC (AW), USN, RET
1 Kitten, Tabitha, Our other Kitten Tut waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, 2 Dogs, Tatyana & Thaddeus & 1 African Grey Parrot named TC
2003 Southwind no Dingy but looking

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

bigB42
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cambell-hausfield 110 tha I have used for 8-9 yrs works good on my 19.5 has built in gauge that works well ken
ken

Born_To_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this one a couple of months ago... Low profile and easily fits in compartment... http://www.lowes.com/pd_57655-30449-0200382_1z10d74+1z140vv__?productId=4686711&Ns=p_product_qty_sal...

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor freight tools has a small 125 psi 6 gal tank compressor, it fits nicely in outside compartments, runs on Generator, will work on 19.5 tires and maybe 22.5 inch tires..

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want 12v type then the http://www.viaircorp.com/ will work. I Have used it for the rv 19.5 tires, But 80 lbs will not air up a 19.5. Need something a little higher. I take the Viair one in the car since finding air on the road is very hard anymore. For the RV I have a 110v unit from Sears and they are many more out there that will work, Just do your research.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Since most Class As have a generator you have your own 110V source with you. DPs with air brakes may have a spot to hook up an air hose for your tires.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You will not find many small inflators that will air up a class A. The ones with 19.5" tires need around 80 pounds and the 22.5" like mine need 110. The volume needed is also a problem with the inflators. There are some portable compressors that will do the job. For instance this Porter Cable one will do the job but it is not very small.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
dodgerdog wrote:
What I bought...Stanley battery jumper and air compressor SAMs club or Walmart. Bought one for my truck...

Mike

The PSI involved dont count for much if the compressor cant supply the VOLUME needed to get a tire inflated
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Toogreys wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a portable tire inflator? I would think because of the size of a Class A the inflator it would have to have a rechargeable power supply.

What about a 110 Volt model because we all carry gensets.???
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

dodgerdog
Explorer
Explorer
What I bought...Stanley battery jumper and air compressor SAMs club or Walmart. Bought one for my truck...

Mike