cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure hankook ah11 245/70 r19

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
New tires say 110 cold, i thought ride was too rough so i lowered them to 95 psi...2,500 miles later someone at my rv repair shop said it should be 80 psi ??? I dont think he knows what but i have 100 psi in all tires as i get set to travel north to mass. Any info appreciated..paul Hankook AHII 245/70/R19
8 REPLIES 8

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All. Untill i weigh the coach which is a entry level coach light in weight it seems to me. I Lowered my psi to 80 psi When i had the tires put on they put 110 psi in them and i thought it rode rough so i lowered them to 95 which was better. Now i learn from the great forum what i need to do so 80 psi on the trip tomorrow from here in fl to mass. I got one night at st.anastasia no more available and O'Steens is closed sun and mon...dang i wanted those big SHRIMPS" Paul

Explorer
Explorer
The pressure on the side of a tire is the maximum pressure you can safely put in that tire. The only time you would want to use that is if you have the maximum recommended load on that tire.

My class A (right at it's 20,500 lbs GVWR)with similar tires requires 80 psi to carry the load per the tires load and pressure chart. I run them at 85.

I suspect you are carrying too much pressure and thus a harsher ride. However, until you weigh it, you can't be sure.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Add one more useless comment to the hopper to say get your coach weighed when it's loaded and then adjust the tire pressure accordingly. The sticker inside the coach with the tire pressures listed is for the originally installed tires. Since you're changing those, I'd go with the tire manufacturer's recommendation for the load you are carrying.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Scars
Explorer
Explorer
Our original Goodyear tires were 80 max and three years ago I put the same Hankooks on and they max at 110. I've been running at 95 and they still look like new. The sticker inside your rig may say 80 like ours does but the Hankooks say 110 so service people may not know.
'03 Monaco Monarch SE 31'

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same tires and run 80psi my unit weights in at around 14.5K
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
A 33ft MH couldn't weigh over 18k loaded and the Hankook 245/70/19.5 tires would be much more comfortable at between 70-80psi. Sure you should weigh it, but unless he's carrying rocks in all his compartments, reduce the pressure before all the MH screws vibrate loose.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Dave is right on target.

The correct PSI is determined by the weight they are carrying. Without knowing that, you could be off by 40 PSI.

So, weight it first!
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dbates
Explorer
Explorer
You can't tell for sure until you establish the RV weight on each of your individual tires. Last year I went from Michelin 225/70R19.5 to Hankook 225/70R19.5 tires and was advise that I should use the same tire pressure I used for the previous 9 years with the Michelin tires which is 70PSI.

You really need to establish the weight on each tire and set you PSI accordingly. Click HERE for Michelin's tire guide. It will explain how to weigh your MH in order to establish the proper PSI for your tires.

Dave
Plus New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia