cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire pressure monitoring system

TCmart
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Looking to install a TPMS on our 2000 Bounder gasser. Got some info on TST system with flo thru sensors. What are the recommendations?
We are looking at 10 sensors for the rig and our tow dolly and toad.
Thanks.
Tom and Christine
2000 Bounder 34T
Life is Good!
13 REPLIES 13

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Tireminder and it works very well. It alarms immediately when a sensor is lost.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Vt_Rv
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered the EZZTire system. Did a lot of research and ordered this system without the flow through stems.

Should be here tomorrow in time for me to set it and head out for a weekend of white water rafting in Maine. I'm just hoping its as simple to set up and works as good as the reviews say!
2003 Damon Challenger 348
2011 Ford F350 Diesel
2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
So many toys, so little time! Retirement? Tick Tock, Tick Tock

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We have TST and are looking into other systems.

If you get a TireMinder, they have a newer version with a larger monitor and a shorter cycle for sensor readings/updates. TM comes with a repeater/booster.

Loss of sensor signal has been an issue and supposedly PressurePro has the shortest notification duration. It can be up to an hour before some systems notify you that a sensor's signal has been lost.

It doesn't much matter which TPMS you get....just get one. And be aware of its abilities and limitations.

(Not an Advert)
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith wrote:
I use the TST system with no issues. It is a good unit.
Same here
2009 Challenger

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
TST System for me. Works fine.
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I chose not to get the flow through sensors with our 10 sensor TST 507 system due to the extra bulk and length. I've removed the security covers from the standard sensors, making removing them to air up no different than removing ordinary valve caps.

Funny that you mentioned that. I was just thinking about doing the same thing with mine.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
TNGW1500SE wrote:
I just installed this:
TPMS
I have it monitoring all 6 tires on the RV, plus the RV's spare and two trailer tires. May add sensors to watch the tires on both motorcycles in the trailer. I think it can handle up to 22 tires.

Great piece of mind. Cheaper than the cost to replace one RV tire.

Same unit I have, that is a great price, the advantages of this unit is the number of tires it can handle, you can replace the batteries in the senors, the senors are light weight and short (do not stick out), you can program each one individually, the display is vertical (the tires are in the correct orientation (the left front is the left top tire displayed)).

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased EEZRV brand TPMS. I've been very happy with it. Has a two year warranty and a bigger screen. Very easy to program. Plus the batteries are supposed to last longer in the sensors. I was told when I was looking not to get the flow through type sensors. People are saying it takes forever to air up your tire with them. I looked at several brands before I bought one. Just do your research.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed this:
TPMS
I have it monitoring all 6 tires on the RV, plus the RV's spare and two trailer tires. May add sensors to watch the tires on both motorcycles in the trailer. I think it can handle up to 22 tires.

Great piece of mind. Cheaper than the cost to replace one RV tire.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I chose not to get the flow through sensors with our 10 sensor TST 507 system due to the extra bulk and length. I've removed the security covers from the standard sensors, making removing them to air up no different than removing ordinary valve caps.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST flow through system and really like it. They have awesome support as well. I had an issue with 2 sensors not actually working to air up with the flow through. And one was showing an incorrect psi. I called TST and we did a test over the phone on another vehicle and they worked fine. Turns out the issue is the valve extenders. Apparently some extenders (and I've had issues with those before) don't relay the pressure correctly to the sensor. Not to mention it's a longer reach for the temp as well. So it turns out the sensors are fine but they don't always play well with the extenders. Have to see if I can mount them directly and get rid of the extenders. I wouldn't have an RV without a TPMS.
2013 ACE 29.2

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I also have been pleased with the TST system for about 5 years now. I opted for the model 507 due to the smaller size of the wheel transmitters and the ability to change the batteries myself.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I use the TST system with no issues. It is a good unit.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie