Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad Brake laws

getgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all....

So we have the class A and the Subaru stick shift, now it's time to set the two up. I got a hold of friends in CO, I'm in CA, they tow a Subaru like mine. CO law does not require a brake system on the Subaru! Is there a site that covers this? Seems if any state would require toad brakes it would be CO...with the Rockies and all. The Subaru weighs 3160 lbs.

Any info here would be appreciated.

Thanks much
Mike
Mikestatland@gmail.com
31 REPLIES 31

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing to think about. If you have an axident, your falt their falt nobodeys falt and you don't have suplamental braking. I wonder who is going to be sued.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Now There You Go - Applying Logic to Laws - Silly Person.....

I have forgotten (mostly because it doesn't matter to me anymore) but one of the towing equipment people like Blue Ox, Demco or Roadmaster had a state by state matrix. But with few exceptions, if it is legal at your home address, it is good everywhere. Plus, very few LEO actually know the law in their own locality.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.