cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Three Class B's, one (1) thru. three (3)!

bagman
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing a lot of research on this category of motor homes and I have come up with a conclusion that the top three (3) quality Class B's are as follows: #1. Advanced RV in Willoughby, Ohio, #2. Pleasure Way RV in Canada, & #3. Roadtrek RV also in Canada. All Advanced RV's are custom made and can cost over $300K and from watching videos of how they are made and reports from Pleasure Way RV customers, I'm convinced that they are #2. I would have placed Leisure Travel Vans in 3rd. place, but their motor homes are actually a B+. Finally I place Roadtrek in 3rd. place. The saying that you get what you pay for definitely applies here. I am not disparaging any class B motor homes built by Winnebago, Fleetwood, Thor, Forest River, or any other manufacturer. I also strongly believe that Coach House builds a quality motor home, but they also build a B+. Agree, disagree? Bags.
Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!
23 REPLIES 23

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
You missed these guys. A step above most.

Leisure Travel Vans

But sadly, Leisure no longer makes a Class B. If you are looking at used, I would definitely put them at number 2 on your list. Having compared LTV and PW many times in the past, LTV has always been a bit better.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 WE HAVE A ltv AND LOVE IT. THEY ARE ONE OF THE TOP FIVE IN MY LIST. ITS NOW 10 YEARS OLD LOOKS RUNS AS NEW. THE LTV COACH HAS BEEN GREAT. COUPLE VERY SMALL HIC CUPS WITH THE SPRINTER BUT NEVER LEFT US SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. WENT FROM CLASS A TO A SPRINTER AND NOT SORRY. ITS ALL IN YOUR USE OF AN RV.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
You missed these guys. A step above most.

Leisure Travel Vans
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
why are you throwing Advance into the mix for consideration unless you want to spend $300 for a b van? if money is no object go for it. have a converter redo a Rolls Royce for you.
bumpy

bagman
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the Coach House Arriva V24 class B and it also looks like a premium built class B. Again, it will cost more than most RV buyers are will to pay the extra bucks for!

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
I am sure the finish materials are a step above my Winnebago, but the Sprinter chassis and trim is identical. Do I need an air ride suspension or lithium battery pack? I haven't missed either yet, and got an extra $200k I probably won't :).

Dave

Or granite countertops, fine Corinthian leather (sorry, just had a flashback to the old Chrysler Cordoba ads), and smartphone apps to run it all? Not on my "must have" wish list, either. As magicbus says, most of the more expensive ones are built on the same GVWR MB chassis as the less expensive Winnebagos/Thor/etc.. For me, it's more about overall function at a reasonable price. I owned a Roadtrek 190P for over 9 years, so I speak from some (subjective) experience.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

bagman
Explorer
Explorer
At a price point, Winnebago does make a good class B, but the craftsmanship is not even close to Advanced RV or Pleasure Way's class B's. Again, I'm not knocking all the other class B manufacturers, just pointing out what my research has shown me. There are many Super C manufacturers, but there are a group of Super C manfacturers that are definitely far superior to Nexus RV, Thor RV, & Forest City RV Super C's. There is a price point for RV's and my humble opinion, there is a reason why some custom hand crafted RV's cost more and are pin quiet rolling down the road. I've owned a Fleetwood Prowler Trailer, a Fleetwood Class C, and a Tiffin Class A and there was always better trailers than our Fleetwood, better Class C's than our Tioga, and better class A's than our Allegro Bay 37DB. Had quality issues will all three of them. Because they were all at a price point affordable to the majority of the general public. Please take the time and research Advanced RV and Pleasure Way RV and then get back to me! Thanks, Bagman.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure the finish materials are a step above my Winnebago, but the Sprinter chassis and trim is identical. Do I need an air ride suspension or lithium battery pack? I haven't missed either yet, and got an extra $200k I probably won't :).

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, Winnebago makes some pretty decent van conversions, at very reasonable prices which is the definition (and was originally one of the reasons for making them) of a class B motorhome. I would say they lead in terms of value for the money, if that's any consideration. The ones you mention are ranked roughly in order of price, but not necessarily in terms of value for the money. And, I don't think you necessarily always get what you pay for.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)