cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tornado hits Carolina camp ground

Just saw on TV a bunch of campers piled up after a tornado hit Emerald Isle---been a weeks warning to get out of there but as usual some don't listen
20 REPLIES 20

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I would have liked to read the article and view the photos but the site demands that I turn off my ad blocker to do so. I don't turn it off for any website so they can bombard me with ads but it sounds like a mess.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the majority of those trailers were park models. They don't move on a dime. Lots to do to transport them as they are plumbed permanently and usually anchored down. Some have underskirting and some even have deck-porches. Lots of logistic to move one of those. I can understand why they were left behind. Hope everyone had good insurance.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of those campers belly up have wheels on them so I bet they could have been moved.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I live in NC about 10 miles from Emerald Isle with a 5er on my own lot. Don't know if I got hit yet as we are in Massachusetts until October. The reason the campers did not leave is probably because they can't. Unfortunately, it is the law down there that if your camper is going to be long term on a rental lot(not month to month) it must be strapped down like a mobile home is.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
They did leave, they just left their campers (from what I was seeing).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
News Link (with Pics)
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292