Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towing a vehicule

mhb1382
Explorer
Explorer
Hello my fellow experts,
I have a 1992 Winnebago adventurer diesel pusher wth 5.9 turbo charged/after cooled 190 HP cummins and would like to know how heavy a vehicule I am allowed to tow with this motorhome. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Bob_L1
Explorer
Explorer
MHB1382 I was hoping that a Winnie owner would reply - but I CAN give you some info from a similar (??) motor home. I have a '93 Itasca 34' unit with an Oshkosh frame and same engine. The Winnebago specs for my unit are:
GCWR (gross combined weight rating including pulled load):22,000 lbs.
GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating - chassis load only): 18340 lbs.
Suggest you see if you've got the same Oskosh chassis with 18,340 GVWR, AND look at your hitch for load info. My hitch is 5000 lbs towing - but the chassis GCWR limits me to 3660 lbs.
This info comes from a Winnebago spec sheet specific to my chassis and VIN. I could not find any specs sheet attached to the unit. Thankfully, I have all the original books and paperwork. bob_l

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
You posted this in the section for technical support on running the forum you might get more answers posting in the toad forum.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
All the above, plus, what is your hitch rated at?
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have any documentation with the coach that provides specifications? What you really need is the GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating). Let's say your GCWR is 20,000# as an example. You then weigh your coach when it's fully loaded with everything you plan on taking, including driver and passengers. If your coach weighed 13,000#, then you'd be able to tow a 7,000# car or trailer as long as you don't exceed any of the other specs such as axle weights, payload weights, etc.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)