cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS batteries

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you with Tire Minder/Hawkshead/Tire Traker/Innotech TPMS; How often do you have to replace the batteries? Mine seem to go every six months or so.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad
4 REPLIES 4

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just for reference, This week I changed the batteries in my Tire Safe guard sensors after ~4 years. CR1632 batteries. The still worked OK, I just change them on a schedule.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

fivejackie
Explorer
Explorer
Batteries should be good for 4 to 8, depending on use, abuse and maintenance. I check the MH at least once a month for battery discharge. Before and after an outing check water levels and hydrometer readings.
Don and Jackie
2115 Hurricane 27K
2113 Redhawk
1992 Pace Arrow

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Methinks it may be the quality of my batteries. The originals were off brand and I have thus far followed suit. These cr1632 are high but my next set will be Duracell with legit expiration dates.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Have changed 6 batteries in 3 years on our 10 sensor TST system, right front on the motorhome has used 4 of the 6 batteries. The 3rd battery on that tire sensor was replaced in Florida in Oct. Been sitting on our lot in Texas since Nov 10th. Changed it out again this week wasn't reading. I checked the battery level on changing the battery out and it was at .2V, dead for all purposes. It seems strange, since that same location had a sensor that was intermittent on sending a signal when new and was replaced by TST under warranty. This location is the closest to the monitor, under 5 feet away. I have a booster in the rear of the motorhome and have never failed to receive the signals from the toad, also all are the original batteries.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog