cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS wont register on inside tire

edstep
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a Doran 360 RV unit, I have this unit ready to go with the exceptuion of my right rear inside tire. This tire has a extension, when I put on the sensor I do NOT hear any air coming out so it does not register. However I can manuall read the tire pressure as well as fill the tire when needed. I have called Doran they had mention that I could back out the air valve a bit to see if this helps. NG, I am trying to find a 7 1/4 air stem ( the inner part of the extension to trhy that). Has anyone come accross this issue I haave a Fleetwood Southwind.

It doesnt appear to be the sensor and if I just push in on the needle no air comes out as well
9 REPLIES 9

edstep
Explorer
Explorer
The valve core that I am talking about is in the extender, what I did was swap the right side to the left and it appears that I am getting some good signals from the senders:D

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Valve core is just the little stem that screws in side the valve (Like on a bike) no way are they 7 1/4 inches long. Do like Executive says get a high pressure dill valve or back the one you have out a little. Didn't you get a metal gauge when you got your kit that lets you know if your inner valve stem is high enough.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remember the valve core/dill valve MUST be high pressure. Most auto parts stores do not carry the proper ones. Any truck stop such as Flying J will.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

edstep
Explorer
Explorer
Got a hold of Fleetwood and ordered the assembly thru them.

Thanks for your input

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Dill Valve = valve core. google
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
nomad297 wrote:
You should try a new valve core.

Bruce

I was thinking the same thing. ๐Ÿ™‚
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
You should try a new valve core.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

edstep
Explorer
Explorer
Cant seem to find a store that has the valve. Went to a number of part and tire stores. My valve is 7 1/4 long how big a dill valve did you put in?? I am not sure what length would be appropriate

chezhead
Explorer
Explorer
I had the exact same issue when I installed my unit and had to replace the dill valve with a longer unit from a local tire store.
Mark & Cheryl
2008 Bounder 36D
2020 Buick Envision Toad