cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travato Weights

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
I took these pics today of the stickers in my van. Another thread implied the Travato didn't have enough cargo capacity left to carry a spare tire. Mine has 2020 lbs CCC. Not sure if the standard already considers the driver and fuel weight or not.

If not, then for a 9350 GVWR, then the dry van should weigh 7330 lbs. Considering a bare 3500 series van weighs 5070 lbs, the interior fitment must weigh 2260 lbs.

Interesting my build date was 3/24/14 yet it's a 2015 model. And it didn't get delivered to my dealer until the second week of June.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans
5 REPLIES 5

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:
FWIW, from RVsafety.com:

In June of 2008, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) adopted revisions to the regulations in 49 CFR Part 571 to require separate and specific RV weight labels. This ruling superseded any prior RVIA requirements and replaced the 2000 RVIA labeling system (see below).

The NHTSA label requirements include the following additional key terms:

OCCC (Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity) (for Motorized RVs only): This figure states the maximum allowable weight of all occupants (including the driver), plus the weight of all food, tools, full fresh water tanks, full LP-Gas tanks and personal belongings. The maximum allowable weight of passengers is based on the number of seat belted positions in the motorized RV. The regulation also states that the “tongue weight of towed trailer counts as cargo.”

CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) (for Towable RV’s only): This figure states the maximum allowable weight of all cargo, including all food, tools, full fresh water tanks, full LP-Gas tanks and personal belongings.

Load Carrying Capacity Reduced: The regulation also requires dealers to state on an amended or additional label the total amount (in pounds and kg) that additional options or changes to the RV have decreased the OCCC or CCC. The amount stated is limited to the total weight of all additions or changes made by the dealer ‘prior to the first sale’ that are the ‘lesser of 1.5% of the GVWR or 100 pounds’.

LP-gas, is no longer in the regulations. Instead the term "propane" is used. Also the weight of the full propane tank is counted in the UVW, not in OCCC. Here is a direct quote

If the vehicle is a motor home and is equipped with a propane supply, the weight of full propane tanks must be included in the vehicle's unloaded vehicle weight.

49 CFR 571.110 as found on www.law.cornell.edu

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
There is another sticker that will say "the CCC is reduce by XX amount for the weight of accessories".

My truck has such a sticker - it says the wheels reduced the CCC by 70 lbs. Seems minor, but it's required I guess.

My Travato has no such sticker, as the only option I got was the screen door, so I guess that didn't weigh anything.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
can somebody translate this: The amount stated is limited to the total weight of all additions or changes made by the dealer ‘prior to the first sale’ that are the ‘lesser of 1.5% of the GVWR or 100 pounds’. : to english.
bumpy

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, from RVsafety.com:

In June of 2008, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) adopted revisions to the regulations in 49 CFR Part 571 to require separate and specific RV weight labels. This ruling superseded any prior RVIA requirements and replaced the 2000 RVIA labeling system (see below).

The NHTSA label requirements include the following additional key terms:

OCCC (Occupant and Cargo Carrying Capacity) (for Motorized RVs only): This figure states the maximum allowable weight of all occupants (including the driver), plus the weight of all food, tools, full fresh water tanks, full LP-Gas tanks and personal belongings. The maximum allowable weight of passengers is based on the number of seat belted positions in the motorized RV. The regulation also states that the “tongue weight of towed trailer counts as cargo.”

CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) (for Towable RV’s only): This figure states the maximum allowable weight of all cargo, including all food, tools, full fresh water tanks, full LP-Gas tanks and personal belongings.

Load Carrying Capacity Reduced: The regulation also requires dealers to state on an amended or additional label the total amount (in pounds and kg) that additional options or changes to the RV have decreased the OCCC or CCC. The amount stated is limited to the total weight of all additions or changes made by the dealer ‘prior to the first sale’ that are the ‘lesser of 1.5% of the GVWR or 100 pounds’.

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
The 2020 lbs is not the CCC but the OCCC. The label clearly states that all the stuff loaded in the van: driver, passengers, dogs, camping gear, golf clubs, propane, water in the tanks, etc. and the tongue weight should not exceed 2020 lbs in total.
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults