cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo ?

tcbkenpo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 coachmen sports coach elite 40Qs with a Cummings 360 turbo diesel. I have been told that my turbo may have gone out. I have contacted the previous owner who informed me that when he owned the Coach there was a recall on the Turbo and he had it replace in 2010. Does anyone have any knowledge of a recall or any advice? I have looked for a recall but unable to find something new.
5 REPLIES 5

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Recently had my EGR valve fail which interrupted flow to my turbo which then had no boost.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Safe mode will have code.
READ IT.

tcbkenpo
Explorer
Explorer
Systems: Stop engine light appeared with an alarm sound, lose in power. I had a 2008 Fleetwood that did the same but only to find out the hose came apart. I hook the hose back and secured it down that was the problem. As I said on this 2009 SportsCoach the Turbo was replace in 2010 due to a recall, I was told by previous owner. RV starts find doesn't appear to sound any different other than turbo does not kick in and lose of power. It is my understanding that the rig is in a safe mode to prevent any other damage.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does your boost gauge say? Make sure it's the actual turbo-charger ($$$$$$) vs. the waste gate ($$) or a controller.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
There are some pretty smart folks on this site who will come along soon with some answers. However, in the mean time perhaps you could provide some details, symptoms, trouble shooting and outcomes etc.

Cheers
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission