cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up grade t.v.

sledfisher
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all.i own a 1993 bounder 36 j.i would like to take the small t.v. and up grade them to the newer flats screnns.question is on the front one the cabinates are built around the small t.v. ,I have seen folks that have somekind of metal holder that extends it outside the cabinatewood work. has anyone else done this,if so what bracket did you use.? thanks mic
18 REPLIES 18

NutHouse2016
Explorer
Explorer
We have 97 34V Bounder and I upgraded to flat screen TV's. I removed old TV's and cut a piece of plywood to back of frame. Drilled hole for cables to pass through. Installed a strong tilt mount in front and a sturdy swivel mount in bed room. Also bought 2 ntlon straps to secure while traveli g for safety. Good luck and was an EZ project.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look in the WALMART TV SECTION. They have a big assortment of the TV swing out MOUNTS you are referring to that fits the four screws behind the TV monitors... The new TV's are lite-weight now with LCD screens etc...

This may bring up a question for you about leaving the HDTV sets in the trailer when the WX is below freezing... My trailer is a POPUP trailer so I bring mine in but alot of folks leave their's in the big trailers - They say to warm up the trailer first before turning one on... I guess they worry about the LCD screen possibly cracking ???

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get one of those hotel wall mounts. Best Buy has them. Anchor it inside the cabinet and just push the TV against the cabinet frame when traveling. A little velcro will hold it there. Don't be surprised if the mount costs more than the TV.

I got rid of my overhead headbanger TV and put it into a cabinet behind the pax seat with a televator across from the couch. Used the wood from the lamp table that was there to rebuild the corner cabinet. This way you don't have to crane your neck to watch TV.

What I started with...

What I ended with...

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Many LED TVs are so thin and light that you can mount them on the face of the cabinet, not inside it. You can search for my DIY installation using a TV with two feet...installed hinges where the feet went.
Here is my DIY with storage behind it.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...