cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded our 2015 Winnebaago Sprinter

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I never really liked our sofa in our 2015 Winnebago View. The sofa was a sleep number bed in it and we never used it and it was just not very comfortable so I decided that it was time to change. So I removed the sofa and installed some theater seating for us. We never used the sleeper sofa so it was a waste of time.

Here are some pictures of what it looks like now. It took a little bit of work to do the install but I finished it today.

They are really comfortable.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View
16 REPLIES 16

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Butch50 wrote:
NCWriter wrote:
We just picked up a 2013 Navion yesterday. These look great. Might have to put that on the mod list, because I seriously doubt we'd ever have an overnight guest.

Seat belts?

The seat belts are still behind the seats but we'll never use them as I don't plan on anybody else going with us. As I said before this is a MH built for 2 plus our dog.

Exactly our scenario. In fact, we moved up from a class B Sprinter because it was just too tight after the dog came into our lives. Once in a while, though, somebody will ride around in our RV with us, and I noticed yesterday our sofabed does have seat belts.

You really did a great job with those recliners.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
We just picked up a 2013 Navion yesterday. These look great. Might have to put that on the mod list, because I seriously doubt we'd ever have an overnight guest.

Seat belts?

The seat belts are still behind the seats but we'll never use them as I don't plan on anybody else going with us. As I said before this is a MH built for 2 plus our dog.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer

Seat belts?

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
Looks really comfortable. We have a 2015 Navion with a small couch that makes a bed. I would rather have the chairs. You did a good job.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Jq1953 wrote:
Looks great, but what size was your sofa and did this replacement leave any exposed areas from the old sofa?

My sofa was a shorter one and was only 56" long. So when I installed these, each chair was 22" wide and the center console 9.5". So when the are all together the total width is 53.5" (actually closer to 54"
). This gave me about 1" on each side of the chairs. All we had to do was get some material that matched the chairs and make a skirt that went around the side and across the front and then allowed some extra so we could put it onto the top flat part of the platform to cover this all up so that made it all match. Then you couldn't see the platform or the front of the slide.

So I guess the short answer would have been. no there is no exposed areas that show after the sofa was removed and the chairs plus skirt was installed.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
Those look great! Looks comfy! Like how it just kicks back but is there any lean back trouble or large space needed? I'd LOVE to do this in my bounder.

You have to leave some space behind them so they can recline all the way. It takes about 3.5" of space when fully upright behind them to be able to recline them fully. When fully reclined they are 64" long.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Jq1953
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great, but what size was your sofa and did this replacement leave any exposed areas from the old sofa?

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those look great! Looks comfy! Like how it just kicks back but is there any lean back trouble or large space needed? I'd LOVE to do this in my bounder.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
PSW wrote:
Great looking modification! Our Phoenix Cruiser came with dual seats in lieu of a couch. They are fully articulated electrically and have a pull out extension which makes them become a bed. For the two of us, I like your arrangement a wee bit better. Ours, however, are a great improvement from the more conventional power sofa that turns into a bed. I have slept on this and it is fine and actually pretty comfortable, but really like you we don't need a bed there. I guess you Arkies and us Okies just like comfort :).

Great job on the install.

Paul

I had looked at the PC MH and was considering trading for one because of the more comfortable seating but then I found these seats and it sure was a lot cheaper to do this conversion than buying a new coach. That was the only complaint that we had was no place to really get comfortable that was the only drawback of our coach that we had. If I had switched rigs I was going to have the 4X4 conversion done on it. You are right we like our comforts, if I'm going I want to be comfortable.

We went to Alaska in 2013 in our pickup camper and spent every night in it for over 2 months with our 40# dog. After that trip of over 11,000 miles we decided we needed more comfort for our old bones but wanted to stay in shorter rig still. We found out after a few trips that the sofa just was not that great so I have been on the lookout for something to replace it with and then I finally saw these and they were the right size so put them in so now we are happy campers. They were a tight fit but it worked out.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
rede2roll wrote:
We are thinking of doing the same upgrade. Is this fronm the Thomas Payne collection sold by camping world? It sure looks nice.

You are correct, they are the ones from CW. They were the only ones that I found that would fit the space that I had. They are very comfortable and so much better than the sofa they replaced.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

rede2roll
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of doing the same upgrade. Is this fronm the Thomas Payne collection sold by camping world? It sure looks nice.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking modification! Our Phoenix Cruiser came with dual seats in lieu of a couch. They are fully articulated electrically and have a pull out extension which makes them become a bed. For the two of us, I like your arrangement a wee bit better. Ours, however, are a great improvement from the more conventional power sofa that turns into a bed. I have slept on this and it is fine and actually pretty comfortable, but really like you we don't need a bed there. I guess you Arkies and us Okies just like comfort :).

Great job on the install.

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
Just looked at the 24V floorplan. You still have twin beds, and that new seating's gotta be a TV watcher's paradise. Nice job! How's the Crosstrek toad treating you?

Thanks,

That was one of the reasons that I changed out the sofa as we didn't need the extra bed as this is a rig for 2 and yes it is great for watching TV as it is across the other side of the rig so it is straight across from the recliners.

The Crosstrek is great. I don't put that many miles on it but it runs great. Being retired we take the Grand Cherokee for most run around business. Then we also have a Miata for goofing around locally with the club we belong to plus the Harley so between all the rigs nothing gets much mileage. 😄
Butch

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
It looks like a tight fit. But, you did a nice job.
I see a wire, is it heated?

Thanks,

It isn't as tight as you think. The chairs are quite wide so very comfortable. Chairs are over 22" wide, but yes the chairs just fit the space as there is only 57" width there. It took me a long time to find some chairs that would fit the space.

The wire you see is from the outlet that is behind the chairs. The outlet is wired for 120V shore power and also from the onboard inverter. I ran and short heavy extension so I would still have the use of the outlet. What you see plugged in is my battery tender for the chassis battery.
Butch

2021 Winnebago View