cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want a super clean windshield every day

Takemeanywhere
Explorer
Explorer
We're about to depart on a ten-day trip along the east coast, crossing the Chesapeake Bay, and ending up in Kentucky for the PGA Championship. DH has never been in this area, and I think the Chesapeake Bridge/Tunnel system is the 8th wonder of the world.

To ensure that he can see all there is to see, I want to start every morning with a very clean windshield and front windows. I have a small ladder, extendable scrubber and squeegee and a collapsable bucket. Question is, what cleaner is best to use? I'm assuming there'll be lots of bug bodies, etc. and I've heard vinegar/water is a good solution...but anyone have a not-so-secret weapon?
2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G
2009 Smart Car 4-down
23 REPLIES 23

DavisK
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Use caution crossing, wind and rain can be very hazardous to driving a high profile vehicle.

They close the CBBT to MHs, trailers, semis and any towed vehicle when the winds reach 40 MPH.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2014 Sunset Trail SF270BH
Holly & Buster, rescued mini Dachshunds

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Wet the windshield with water

Use a scrubber with a bit of baby shampoo in a bucket of water.

Squeegee it dry.

Spray with a bit of Windex like product.

Wipe dry with a micro-fiber-cloth.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used news paper or any other paper product since I scratched the heck out of my F-150 windshield. soft terry cloth or microfiber for me.
bumpy

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Use caution crossing, wind and rain can be very hazardous to driving a high profile vehicle.

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
I use this when stopped on glass.

I use both products for everything. The concentrated Wash lasts a long time.

I use a 1/2 capful of this in a spray bottle when traveling.

Suicidal bugsy's come off easy, no glare, no streaks and lazy easy for me.
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

AK49er
Explorer
Explorer
I use Stoner brand glass cleaner called "Invisible Glass", by far the best cleaner I've used. Use newspaper if you can, better than paper towels.

Takemeanywhere
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, barlow46! I'll try it.
2015 Winnebago Sightseer 35G
2009 Smart Car 4-down

barlow46
Explorer
Explorer
2 gal. water (warm is best), 2-3 drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, 3 - 4 squirts of Jet Dry liquid that you use in a dishwasher. Mix it good, use your scrubber to put it on and then use the squeegee. No rinsing is necessary.
2005 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' ISL 400; Tag Axle; Residential Refrig (sold)
2004 F450, 6.0 auto, 4:30 pumpkin; BrakeSmart; 50 gal aux.tank, 2008 Mobile Suites RE3.

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
First super clean the windshield with 000 steel wool with windex or some other
wetting solution. This gets rid of all the small teenie tiny bits of crud and leaves your windshield smooth and clean. It also removes any water spots on the windshield. Then use a glass cleaner found at Costco and other auto/grocery stores called http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass-Cleaner-6-Cans/dp/B000AP585M Sprayway. Great stuff. The best I have ever used.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.