Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer Combo

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I'm now interested in getting a washer/dryer combo for my "Class A 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor" since it has an area in one of the main closet spaces for such an upgrade. Can anyone of you point me in the direction as to where to purchased a reasonably price Combo that you too have enjoyed over the years while Fulltiming in a model similar as mine??

TIA!!
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius
1998 Holiday Rambler Holiday Endeavor 35WGS

:CTime waits for no one
60 REPLIES 60

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
I just found this one on Craigslist for the same price the unavailable 'scratch and dent' vented models go from Splendide.
SPLENDIDE AUTOMATIC WASHER/VENTED DRYER "ELECTRIC" - $899 (sacramento)
and this one,
Splendide 2100 Washer Dryer Combo - White- Used once-Like new - $675 (san leandro)
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Teacher's Pet wrote:
Since you are in a large city, try Craigslist. Also take a look at the Escapees forum for sale items. Splendides turn up there quite often. Had one sell for $200 in our park here last year.

okay, will do, thank you!
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
1BryNelson wrote:
What bout those LG,'s that had that link to best midels?????

I need to read more reviews on them but i'm seeing they're more expensive.
2007 Toyota Prius

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are in a large city, try Craigslist. Also take a look at the Escapees forum for sale items. Splendides turn up there quite often. Had one sell for $200 in our park here last year.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
What bout those LG,'s that had that link to best midels?????
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
OhhWell wrote:
The only reason I could think of to get a drier that is vented into the house is if there is not a hole already for it to vent outside and the owner does not wish to have a hole cut in the side of the coach.

After speaking with Splendide, that certainly seems to be the reason for it, which is great they'd make a model for that, and its also great i own my rig so i dont have to go that route now.
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I just called Splendide, they dont have a scratch & dent combo vented model right now and Camping World only has this model on saleSplendide 7100 XC Washer/Dryer - Platinum

Its ventless, there aren't any vented models available anywhere, Splendide has them on backorder until May:( So i'll wait or should i look at LG's models:h
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
1BryNelson wrote:
Well I will fulltime and be a boondocker and have been practicing. Washer uses precious water, but better than doing clothes by hand.

I used a hand cranked "Wonder Washer" for about a year, great company but the washer is only good for really light clothing, not soiled on jean, etc.. clothing. I'm FT on land with our own waterwell, so for now, water isn't an issue, for as a minimalist, everything i do and use creates a small carbon footprint.
2007 Toyota Prius

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Well I will fulltime and be a boondocker and have been practicing. Washer uses precious water, but better than doing clothes by hand.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
OhhWell wrote:

It seems like a smart but perhaps less efficient way of removing the moisture. I bet that would fill a holding tank fast!

But odds are the people that have these and use them are on full hookups. Pretty useless boondocking as you would need to run generator and use precious water.

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The ventless does not vent into the house, it has no vent. It uses cold water and condensation to remove the water from the clothing send this extra water and moisture to your holding tanks instead of using warm air blown through the clothes and then to the outside.
I would only recommend installing a vented Splendide.

Interesting. I never knew that. It seems like a smart but perhaps less efficient way of removing the moisture. I bet that would fill a holding tank fast!
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ventless does not vent into the house, it has no vent. It uses cold water and condensation to remove the water from the clothing send this extra water and moisture to your holding tanks instead of using warm air blown through the clothes and then to the outside.
I would only recommend installing a vented Splendide.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
The only reason I could think of to get a drier that is vented into the house is if there is not a hole already for it to vent outside and the owner does not wish to have a hole cut in the side of the coach.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely go vented. I have severe allergies also. I've lived in mine fir several months on and off getting ready tobgo full time in May. Liked the web-site Kiwi_too suppied. My Pace Arrow came with Spendide combo. Really like it. Set it up for wash & dry and let it do it's thing. Those LG's look good. Look's like you have options to manufacturer. Good luck mi amigo.

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:
HERE is a good site to do some comparing.

Thank you!!
2007 Toyota Prius