cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Heater Valve

revump
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 06 Alfa See Ya. These is a pressure relief valve on our water heater. Mine is leaking. Where can I get one and what is the model? Thanks
Bob
5 REPLIES 5

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
T & PYou should be able to pick one up at any hardware store just make sure its a short one. They are not to hard to put in. Like the others said work the valve a bit if it still leaks might have to replace it.
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also ebay has a bunch of them as well as amazon. Just be sure to get it to spec.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My suburban SW6P water heater was dripping water as well and I exercised the spring release pressure relief lever which stopped the drip leak..

The pressure relief valve looks something like this

Might give that a try on your model...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could be 1/2" or 3/4" thread
Any hardware or rv store
They open at 150 psi/210*F (reset at 125 psi)

2006 it may need replacing.........may
Have you exercised the valve......stand back and open valve via lever with water turned on (water heater off and cold). Let it blow and then let lever 'snap' closed. Do a couple of times to clear valve/valve seat of any build up/debris

Also it is NOT uncommon for them to weep when heating the water if the air pocket in top portion of tank has been lost (water doesn't compress---air does---water expands/swells when heated---no air to compress then pressure increases)
Air pocket is normally established when filling water heater.
Over time the air can get absorbed into the water

To re-establish air pocket
Turn water OFF
Open closest faucet to relieve pressure on hot water
Open the PRV until water stops draining out.....then let it snap close
Turn on water
Close faucet
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Was able to find a direct replacement at a small town hardware store. So, should not be difficult to find.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/