cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water leaking from cargo bay light.

greg0reo
Explorer
Explorer
Just came home from a weekend trip in our 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 37U diesel and had a problem with a water leak. Standard hookups with water, electric, sewer.....I turned the water on and about two hours later I noticed water dripping from the cargo bay light in the next to last bay door on the passenger side. I shut the water off and it stopped leaking after about 15 minutes, ended up just filling the fresh water tank and using the water pump for the weekend with no more problems. Apparently the problem is with a supply line to the water heater? The water heater is in the back corner of the coach (passenger side) about 6 ft from the bay that was leaking. Top of the bay is sheet metal and I can't find any access to the water line in the bedroom. Anybody have this problem or know how to access the water line?
3 REPLIES 3

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
I have the identical coach and had the identical problem. First my water pump relay was damaged by the water leak. The water pump relay is mounted next to the light fixture. I installed a new relay inside a ZipLock bag. The leak source turned out to be a loose W/D fitting clamp at one of the hose bibs. Hope you find the same leak source when you remove the bottom closet shelf in the toilet cabinet.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Could be the supply line going in or the line coming out. Both will be pressurized. One of the reasons you see water leaks at light fixtures is because the water is likely finding the wires and then riding down the wires to the fixture. So the leak may actually be no where near the fixture.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to see a question with no response. So I'll ask a question myself, what was the water pressure at the spigot?

Just wondering as I have hooked up to over pressure spigot and had water flowing out of the pressure relief valve (outside the coach). I was already turning the water off as I have a gauge in line at all times so I know when to put the reducer in line.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526