cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Pump Placement

bluegypsy
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Fleetwood Discovery. Water Pump is mounted high up in the wet bay, almost inaccessible. Had to get to it to repair a leaky hose connection. Can I reposition it to a lower spot in the wet bay, or does it need to be higher than the fresh water tank?
Bluegypsy (that's the RV's name)

Map shows where we've lived and worked, travelling through doesn't count....
8 REPLIES 8

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
A rocket scientist at Georgie Boy decided the ideal place for the water pump in our Landau was in the bottom of a bedside cabinet. I guess he never tried sleeping next to one when it runs in the middle of the night. I relocated it down in the wet bay where it's not only very quiet, but also easily accessible for service. Our fresh tank is under the bed, so the pump wasn't high to begin with, it's just lower now.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
bluegypsy wrote:
2008 Fleetwood Discovery. Water Pump is mounted high up in the wet bay, almost inaccessible. Had to get to it to repair a leaky hose connection. Can I reposition it to a lower spot in the wet bay, or does it need to be higher than the fresh water tank?

It can be lower.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
bluegypsy wrote:

Yes, anywhere you like.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

larry_cad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess a more general question would be to ask why the manufacturers put ANYTHING where they put it!! Basically there is nothing on these beasts that is easy to work on!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was/is mounted considerably lower than the tank. I had to replace it after 11 years of service and, while it was lower than the OPs, it was still a bit of a pain due to it being mounted on the back wall of the wet bay.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
It was probably placed higher than the tank in case there is a leak in the pump.
A leak in the pump or after the pump can drain your FW tank all over in the bay or inside the RV if the pump is placed low.

bluegypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Had to ask since I couldn't figure out why it was mounted in such a screwy spot.
Bluegypsy (that's the RV's name)

Map shows where we've lived and worked, travelling through doesn't count....

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can move it lower if you want.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.