cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weather striping on end cap

quingus
Explorer
Explorer
How do my fellow rv-ers. Not new to the rv life but have been out of commission for a couple of years. Injured in the line of duty and major surgery. Finally able to work on my 07 fleetwood jamboree sport. Come to find out the weather striping on the end cap has come off and blew away grew legs etc.. I was wondering has anyone had this issue and where did you get that part. Not sure of correct nomenclature. All help welcome
3 REPLIES 3

quingus
Explorer
Explorer
Drew that's exactly it. The vinyl insert also as as a water stop. The screws do have a dollop of sealant on them. My thinking is to put a bead of sealant in the channel and then run reinstall the vinyl. Thanks very much for the info. One of my last things to do for now.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you referring to the flexible vinyl insert that slides into the J-channel thingies and covers the screw heads (as much for aesthetics as anything)? It's called "Vinyl trim insert" or something similar and is readily available from most RV repair/parts/accessory places or online from e.g. Amazon

quingus
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify this weather striping covers the screws that run from the gutter spout along the front cap, down the cap and stops just above driver door.