cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight at a truck stop

michbill
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me what the procedure is to get the coach and tow vehicle weighted at a truck stop? We bought a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV in July, and I would like to have some idea of the weight when it is loaded.
Thank you.
Bill
15 REPLIES 15

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I did several years ago, but I think it still applies at most truck stops.

Drive your rig onto the scales. You will probably find 3 scale platforms. Get your front axle on the forward platform, your rear coach wheels on the middle platform, and the toad (if attached) on the rear platform. Find the intercom on the pole at driver side of scale (positioned so driver can reach it from the cab). Push the button and when answered tell them you are a private motorhome to be weighed. When they tell you to come in and pay drive off, park, and pay. If the scale platforms are level with the surrounding pavement and you want individual wheel position weights, tell them you want a reweigh when you pay for the first weight. Drive back on the scale with only one side of the unit on the scales and repeat the process. The reweigh is a minimum charge. With these results you can calculate your individual wheel position weights.

This only works if the scale platform is level with the surrounding pavement, and there is no barrier to prevent positioning the coach appropriate for weighing only one side.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida