cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you fixing up/restoring? Pre 1971 only Please

UltravanOwners
Explorer
Explorer
What are you fixing up? Please only post Pre 1971 Motor-homes and Trailers.

We purchased our first RV in 2008. Its a Rare one at that. They are called Ultravans or Ultra Vans. Once the Doctor told Marie that she would be able to walk again without aid of canes and/or a walker we wanted to be able to work towards our goal of traveling and camping throughout USA and Canada in an RV.

Here is the first one purchased in the spring of 2008.

UV248 being unload, the summer of 2008, in our driveway in Canada.

And here is the second one we purchased, later that summer, from the same owner as the first. We plan to use for its interior to be able to restore the first coach.

This is what it takes to transport one of these.

This coach sat for more than 28 years before we purchased it. One year after we were blessed to have it I got it running and took it to shows. I still need to restore it.

The 2nd one also has body damage. However, being a retired mechanic I hate waste or s c r a p the 2nd coach. I've always planned to customize it. In less than two year of owning the 2nd one I purchased the donor vehicle that I plan to use for the conversion.

Marie and I like the history and love the look of these Ultravans so much that we decided to buy one of each series made and have a small museum. We have since purchased a much smaller house, but with a lot more land than the last property; so we have enough space to build a barn for a shop and display are.

Once the coaches have been restored we plan to use each and every one of them as they were meant to be used and enjoyed.
Our hope is to raise funds for Habitat and Hospice with our little museum and hold car shows, once every 3 to 5 years, on our 154 farm.

What are you fixing up? Please only post Pre 1971 Motor-homes and Trailers.
9 REPLIES 9

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I had a corvair and a sand rail corvair loved them. Great power for such a little engine but can't imagine enough for that. Must have great ducting to keep that engine cool in the middle of that coach.
Hope you keep us posted on your progress with this.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

UltravanOwners
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an interior shot of UV256 standing behind the coach looking through the hatch.

Here is a closeup shot of the Corvair engine in UV256 also looking through the back hatch.

UltravanOwners
Explorer
Explorer

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Any pics of the inside? It looks like it would fit right in at Shady Del.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome project. Please, keep us updated on your progress.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool! Love the corvairs too, especially the pu!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice, and a great goal! It's always a blast to see some older MH's on the road!

Keep us updated on your progress and congrats to your wife!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking project, something that I always wanted to do but never had the time or space.
Please keep us up to date with pictures.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab