cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your opinions on the new Ekko ?

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has an interesting wet/dry bath idea where the sink is attached to a RH hinged panel that swings to the right to cover the toilet, keeping that area dry while offering a separate shower area.
Shower head and controls are hidden behind the movable wall. Youtubes are avl to do a walk thru.

Winnebago AWD ‘Ekko’
9 REPLIES 9

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
It has the best features that I have seen in a 23 ft MH. Twin beds that convert to a king, 50 gals of FW, large storage bay in rear. The problem is the price tag($164K). The Cross Trek has a larger storage bay in rear but east west beds and less FW, but $70k cheaper. The BT Cruiser 5210 slightly shorter, less storage, 41 gals FW, but it is half the price($85k). Like you said weight distribution may be a problem. Are there any others that have a similar design as the Ekko?

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts. I'm on the same page re: the cost and its a 2 person rv.
I wonder how easy it would be to overload the rear axle by over packing that huge rear full width compartment ?

In one the YouTube videos that's available , I like the insulated cab separator that has a pass-thru zipper . During the winter that cab would probably be the cold spot in this rv and that could cause limited use of those two driver/passenger seats while parked.

Good point on the ground clearance. Looking under the rv, the generator is the lowest sitting component.
I guess being that its AWD and a true 4x4 with transfer case, it was designed as a ski vehicle for better traction on flatter roads, parking lots or a sloped campsite.
I read somewhere that a lift kit was offered or in the making but it has not been decided if it will be a dealer item or a Winnebago option. The jury might still be out on that one.
By the time you get into that expense the $15k Quigley 4x4 conversion makeover doesn't seem so expensive anymore :).

The freshwater tank is actually visible from the underside of the Ekko. It is housed in a 1.5" insulated box that I 'think' gets heat from the inside, under the passenger side bed.

Happy and Healthy to all,
thank you,

Bob

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
If I was to order a new AWD Ekko, I'd insist before I closed the deal .... that the dealer check with Ford as how much larger diameter tires could be used on it and still clear the fender wells and front suspension components and, if blessed by the factory ... deliver my Ekko with those tires on it, including a spare tire of the larger size.
That would be interesting to know but I expect dealer or Winnebago would have zero interest. Probably say "Thanks for stopping by, we'll just sell it to this next guy on the waiting list.";)

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I was to order a new AWD Ekko, I'd insist before I closed the deal .... that the dealer check with Ford as how much larger diameter tires could be used on it and still clear the fender wells and front suspension components and, if blessed by the factory ... deliver my Ekko with those tires on it, including a spare tire of the larger size.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Too small for my family of 5, but if it were just my wife and I we would very seriously consider it. Not for the AWD, but the other features.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Is it as low to the ground in the front as it appears from the picture?

I was wondering the same thing. On Ford's website it appears that the AWD option does not add anything to ground clearance or ride height. This might make this motorhome a great ski rig with the AWD, but not so much for offroading. Anytime I took my C down a bad road, ground clearance was always a concern but never had traction issues.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it as low to the ground in the front as it appears from the picture?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
that piz towards the rear steps/bed/etc reminds me of a Newmar years back a very small class a with wet bath and about a 6 cu ft refrigerator, for big bucks.
bumpy

ronfisherman
Some very nice features. But $$$$$.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD