cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

TEO
Explorer
Explorer
I worked on polishing the aluminum wheels. It's a job I expect to finish tomorrow.

Paul & Helen

2002 Winnebago Journey DL:)
1999 Jeep Cherokee toad :C
Yellow Lab, Jodie, Chocolate Lab, Coco :B, and Lab/Golden mix, Sandy.:B
FMCA 98905
http://ptempesta.blogspot.com

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
Put fender washers on 6 screws on the drivers console due to cracked plastic, and repaired the cell phone/GPS snorkel/extender.
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased from CW the weathervaning tank vent caps & some roof caulk.

Got a new city water fill cap.

Got a new shower hose because the old one leaked right thru the end swivel fittings which was very inefficient water usage!

Dropped 'er off with Bridgeway Grand Rapids and it was fun. They will get the dash hvac functional again.

Met with Turfstone installer professional. Will quote ASAP and can do my RV driveway October 17.

Spoke with my HVAC guy regarding moving the house a/c around the corner to make room for the new RV parking space.

Spoke with my electrician to get a 30 amp RV power tap installed when he helps move the a/c

Gotta put a 2nd call into the plumber about the new dump site...
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

s79vette
Explorer
Explorer
Rear roof vent was cracked and during heavy rain may leak a little so got and installed, before the rain hit today, a new vent cover purchased from Walmart. may do other two also after our last hurrah this wk/end.
2003 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme Ford V10 2004 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
Online with Inspiron
A member of

http://www.gsowners.com

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
mcb56 wrote:
NavyChaps wrote:
NavyChaps wrote:
I completed an inexpensive handling fix based on the below thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/cheap-handling-fix-72335.html

mcb56 wrote:
Haven't tried my handling fix yet, but will soon. Please post your results.

It was a fairly easy mod. I have driven only about 20 or so miles afterwards, and that was all in town driving. The cornering felt a whole lot flatter and the steering seemed more responsive. I hope to get on the road over Columbus day and can give a better update then. Some of the folks on the referenced thread have put over 5000 miles on the mod and seem to be pleased.:C

I did the mod several months ago. Took all of 30 minutes to do both front and rear. Just haven't driven it yet.

Mine took a little longer because I replaced my links with the Hellwig adjustible ones.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

mcb56
Explorer
Explorer
NavyChaps wrote:
NavyChaps wrote:

mcb56 wrote:

It was a fairly easy mod. I have driven only about 20 or so miles afterwards, and that was all in town driving. The cornering felt a whole lot flatter and the steering seemed more responsive. I hope to get on the road over Columbus day and can give a better update then. Some of the folks on the referenced thread have put over 5000 miles on the mod and seem to be pleased.:C

I did the mod several months ago. Took all of 30 minutes to do both front and rear. Just haven't driven it yet.

mcb56
Explorer
Explorer
Bounder94 wrote:
I removed my old broken Onan from the RV, since I rarely used the genny, but wanted this option of using a genny to be convenient...and by the way, when the 17 yr old Onan went out, it surged power to the ATS and fried it too, so rather than do the expensive repair on the Onan ($600-$700 parts ONLY, no labor) and replace the ATS ($150-$200), I opted to just remove them both and use that geeny bay for MORE BOONDOCKING BATTERIES!!!)

The only reason for this larger inverter (2500w MSW) is for the occasional microwave use, during tailgating excursions or while boondocking...I have a smaller PSW inverter for all the entertainment equipment, inside the RV near those systems)

Always tinkering, always fun, and we're heading out to western Kansas for a week to help nephew with the corn harvest, and we'll be boondocking out in the middle of nowhere, near the fields, moving daily, as they have 1000's of arces to harvest...can't wait to unplug from the world's news and get back to basics!!

Happy RV'ing to all
Kelly

You need to put a patent on how you do all that boondocking, microwaving, entertaining and unplugging without a genny. ๐Ÿ˜„ Seriously, you must have a massive solar array. No?

I only boondock and would like to know how you do it.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
fitted new mesh to the roof top refer vent also repaired the refer lower vent,scraped off more old underseal and recoated with corrosion inhibiting paint,washed and leathered the lower half.After shower enjoying a cold one in the clubhouse checking out my favourite forum,not a bad day so far.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
NavyChaps wrote:

mcb56 wrote:

2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

SpurHntr
Explorer
Explorer
fixed rear tail/brake light that came disconnected somehow...
drilled hole thru my toad's firewall for my breakaway switch wiring to get thru...headed to hardware store this after to find a grommet...
'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

Bounder94
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a Marinco 30A plug in on the back of the motorhome, just inboard of the left taillight assy, routed the 10/3 wire from there, down thru the floor, forward along the inside of frame to the mid-ship services bay, thru back of bay, where it was wired to a wall-mounted j-box with a 30A RV receptacle....now, if I have a genny on the rear cargo carrier, I can plug in my RV's shore power chord, which I shortened to 18", into that 30A receptacle to run off the genny. (note: I removed my old broken Onan from the RV, since I rarely used the genny, but wanted this option of using a genny to be convenient...and by the way, when the 17 yr old Onan went out, it surged power to the ATS and fried it too, so rather than do the expensive repair on the Onan ($600-$700 parts ONLY, no labor) and replace the ATS ($150-$200), I opted to just remove them both and use that geeny bay for MORE BOONDOCKING BATTERIES!!!)

Drilled holes thru other bay walls for wiring new battery bank to an inverter in next bay, then will route wires to inverter from batteries and from inverter to service bay to another 30A receptacle to plug the 18" shore power chord into.....see, I am the "MAN"ual Transfer Switch for my 110v power sources...LOL....(the only reason for this larger inverter (2500w MSW) is for the occasional microwave use, during tailgating excursions or while boondocking...I have a smaller PSW inverter for all the entertainment equipment, inside the RV near those systems)

and replaced a faulty water pump switch in the service bay, that was near the outdoor shower assy.

Always tinkering, always fun, and we're heading out to western Kansas for a week to help nephew with the corn harvest, and we'll be boondocking out in the middle of nowhere, near the fields, moving daily, as they have 1000's of arces to harvest...can't wait to unplug from the world's news and get back to basics!!

Happy RV'ing to all
Kelly
1994 Bounder 28T with 50k
Ford 460, F-53 chassis

mcb56
Explorer
Explorer

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
I had jury rigged the surge tank hose on our 08 Vacationer on our last trip. The 1 1/4" hose failed because they force it over a 1 3/8" nipple on the surge tank. Monaco told me the nipple was 1 1/2" and I knew the T fitting at the engine is 1 1/4" so I had to reorder a 1 1/4" to 1 3/8" reducer so I could update to a chunk of 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" silicone hose. I now have a piece of hose that won't crack due to the heat off the regen can. I also replaced the thermostat and replaced the coolant.
Randy

mcb56
Explorer
Explorer
What? It took you 3-1/2 hours to find someone with a 4X4 pick-um-up truck and a snatch strap to donate the beer to? ๐Ÿ˜„