cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
It's not just today. I have had a terrible trip this winter. We started out in Houston and we had two roof leaks. I found some eternabond to fix them. Then my thermostat wouldn't read zone 2 and I found a poor wire connection from the front AC to the back AC. ( I will fix this summer). Then my lite fixtures burned out several bulbs. Today I had to replace the sliding door plastic latch that broke. Had to replace the lisc plate taq light. The front curtain rail clips broke. My generator quit working on the Refer when traveling. My engine door strut bracket pulled out. Had to replace the water pump last week. My new Toad is not gettin enought charge to keep the battery up. This has been a trip from hell for repairs and problems. Maybe I need a new MH but this one is paid for. We will travel back to Denver from Calif next week and hope nothing goes wrong!!!!!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

royl
Explorer
Explorer
Finished with the fluid changes/checks, finished the Zep wax job. Checked all the brake hoses, flushed the brake fluid. All I need to do now is clean the glass and get ready for the trip from Florida to New Mexico on the first.
Roy & Sabine
2000 Coachman Classic 27 RK Fifthwheel
1992 Dodge D250

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
We just signed up for our first camping trip the first weekend in May. Yup, the ice should be off the lakes that weekend. Just another 4+" of fluffy snow over night. Supposed to get 6-8" this coming Monday. Have to get the snowblower/tractor going to clean the snow from the MH garage door. Geeze, compared to last year this winter is lasting forever.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced metal/screw screen door plastic panel holders with clips I made from plastic 1/2 inch romex staples. Clips were always falling off and getting lost.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the big heavy TV from front, now got to find the replacement. That thing was a brute to get out by myself.

MrsMingo
Explorer
Explorer
DH installed powered sun visors that he bought at Quartzsite for $20.00 each. They work good! But did we have a time running the wires through the cap!!! Glad that's done!
Rae & Capt. Ron Lampe
Sparky - a work in progress
2001 Travel Supreme
1998 Chevy S-10
2011 BMW R1200RT

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to San Carlos, our last stop in Mexico for the season. (Sob!)

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Added one-hand water shutoff valve to Oxygenics shower head replacing the original twist off. Replaced storm door screen clips with home made clips and CLEANED and I mean really cleaned windshield.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

pohlcat
Explorer
Explorer
RE-Winterized MH after DisneyWorld, because it's going to the twentys in the next week.
I have never had to do that before after Spring Break Trip.

Speaking of never having to that before. We De-Winterized MH after getting to Disney because it was in the twenty's over night here in ST. Louis
2003 37' Coachmen Cross Country Diesel
Blue Ox Tow Bar
TST TM-510RV

wandasone
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got the rig out of barn. Warmed it up good and stuck an electric heater in it. We have a half dozen project to finish before next Thursday. New shower hose, fresh water pump, some new LED lights, ETC. Electric heater kept the inside all the way up to 41 degrees last night!!

You Southern California folks watch out. About 4 years you might see us wander by! Really tired of shoveling snow. (its rough in the heated cab of our Kubota with front blower, but still!)
Dan and Wanda
03 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Prius toad
Counting the days till full time!

Gadget_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Boy ain't that the truth! I lived in the snow for many, many years. It's pretty till you have to shovel it and drive in it. In this "desert", we camp 10 months out of the year without ever having to winterize our RV. Hurt me! :C

Oh, I almost forgot to mention what I did to my motorhome today. I flushed the hot water heater, as well as flushed and sanitized the freshwater system.

Craig
My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...

2005 Providence 39J
2007 Tacoma Double Cab Dingy
Thousand Trails, Coast to Coast, RV Golf Club and Elks Members

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
RayChez wrote:
wandasone wrote:
Pulling the big rig (wife says size does matter!) out of the barn today even though 6 inches of new snow. Leaving in 8 days for Kentucky. Lots to do to rig but the weather sucks for doing much. We'll make it though!

I feel for you guys in that cold weather. It is close to 80 degrees today here in southern California.:B

Feel sorry for US? We have water and do not live in a desert depending on others water being diverted to the desert. LOL

Yea! We do not have water here, so we got to drink beer.LOL. Actually this is the best time of the year to be here in southern California. We will be leaving San Diego in a couple of days and headed to the bay area in northern California.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
wandasone wrote:
Pulling the big rig (wife says size does matter!) out of the barn today even though 6 inches of new snow. Leaving in 8 days for Kentucky. Lots to do to rig but the weather sucks for doing much. We'll make it though!

I feel for you guys in that cold weather. It is close to 80 degrees today here in southern California.:B

Darn it's only 72 here in florida

wandasone
Explorer
Explorer
Ray,

Only about 4 winters to go before no more (Lord willing!). And we do have water. In Michigan there is supposedly no spot where you are not within 5 miles of a lake or river. Of course right now we have 30+ inches of ice separating us from that water!:E
Dan and Wanda
03 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Prius toad
Counting the days till full time!

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
wandasone wrote:

Feel sorry for US? We have water and do not live in a desert depending on others water being diverted to the desert. LOL