cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Having moved to a new house with a REALLY steep driveway 5 months ago, I finally got the courage this past weekend to bring the old Allegro up. There is VERY little swing room up top but I was able to get it tucked into the woods after some strategic thinking. There were a few minutes where I was afraid I'd have to back it back down! It did scrape a little coming off the street due to the incline but it wasn't bad and could probably be avoided with a bit more air in the rear bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiiere_VXZY
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Hohnstein wrote:

Got the harmonic balancer and exhaust manifolds installed on the fresh engine for my FC Wanderlodge.

That sure looks pretty.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
Repaired a minor/major leak in my air system. The coach was losing all air overnight. This had started a few weeks ago but I didn't pay much attention until I lost all air overnight.

Here's the gotcha, I have tinnitis really, really bad, constant hissiing in both ears, consequently I cannot hear an air leak.!! I aired it up and asked my wife if she could hear anything (dumb thing to ask), I won't repeat her comments. Well, it was real loud hissing near the left front tire. I ran the coach up on some improvised ramps and determined that the problem was a cracked threaded coupler (nipple) between the secondary reservoir tank and the pressure regulator valve. This was supposed to have been addressed while in service at the Spartan facility in Charlotte MI. Wrong. It had the wrong threaded coupler and the coupler was cracked. I replaced with the correct coupler purchased at Home Depot.

The air will hold for a couple of weeks before airing down. This means that I still have a leak somewhere. Unfortunately this coach has a PVC cover protecting whatever is under the coach. My next project is to remove the covering and trace the leak.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Mike_Hohnstein
Explorer
Explorer

Got the harmonic balancer and exhaust manifolds installed on the fresh engine for my FC Wanderlodge.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
gonefishin77 wrote:
Added a Progressive Industries 30amp hardwired surge protector and a Park Power plug system. Had the portable Progressive Industries unit and it save our motorhome during a strong lightning storm strike.
The power cord will now be easier to roll up and put away without fighting through the hole in the bay.

Now, buy this 90 degree adapter for your power cord and it will take the strain off the cord where it enters the plug. It has worked very well for me.
Marinco 90 degree adapter
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
After having it sit on my work bench for the last five months I finally got around to installing my Trucenter

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Wrong Lane wrote:
I am using the motorhome to power fridges and lights, charge laptops and phones, run coffee maker etc. in our house. Due to an ice storm power has been off 24 hours and predicted reconnection is 12 hours away.

This is the first year I haven't stored it at another location due to a planned trip south after Christmas. Lucky I guess.

We had a storm about a week ago and used the MH gennie to do the same. We store MH at the house, though. Always available. I even have plugs wired through the garage to run (gas) furnace blowers and some elec into the house.

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
I am using the motorhome to power fridges and lights, charge laptops and phones, run coffee maker etc. in our house. Due to an ice storm power has been off 24 hours and predicted reconnection is 12 hours away.

This is the first year I haven't stored it at another location due to a planned trip south after Christmas. Lucky I guess.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

gonefishin77
Explorer
Explorer
Added a Progressive Industries 30amp hardwired surge protector and a Park Power plug system. Had the portable Progressive Industries unit and it save our motorhome during a strong lightning storm strike.
The power cord will now be easier to roll up and put away without fighting through the hole in the bay.

Georgew48
Explorer
Explorer
Good advice us art. My brother-in-law had an electrician wire one for him and he wired it for 240. Plugged in his fifth wheel and blew up a bunch of stuff. The electric company did pay him for the damage but what a pain.
2015 Georgetown XL 377 TS 38 foot motorhome.
1929 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
2009 Honda TRX 420FA Red (Hers)
2009 Honda TRX 420FA White (Mine)
1999 Chaparral 2130 SS limited edition ski boat

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
jsmart wrote:
Had an electrician neighbor put in a 30 amp plug through the garage wall so I can hook up the MH while parked. No more long extension cords, and we can use it in the driveway when the kids/grandkids come down.

Make sure he wired it for 120, NOT 240...

He did.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
jsmart wrote:
Had an electrician neighbor put in a 30 amp plug through the garage wall so I can hook up the MH while parked. No more long extension cords, and we can use it in the driveway when the kids/grandkids come down.

Make sure he wired it for 120, NOT 240...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Put the cover on for the winter rest

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

Georgew48
Explorer
Explorer
Backed my brand new Georgetown XL 377TS into my wife's brand new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Luck for me the only damage was a broken clearance light lens on the motorhome and a small scratch on the Jeeps fender flair. Wife had just ask me if she need to move the jeep and like a big man, I said no it's fine, I have lots of room. She had ever right to be angry but bless her heart she didn't't say anything. I think she knew how mad I was at myself. I have backed my firmer 43ft fifth wheel down my 300 foot driveway many hundreds of times and never came close to hitting anything so I figured it would e a piece of cake with a 38 foot motorhome.
2015 Georgetown XL 377 TS 38 foot motorhome.
1929 Model A Ford Sport Coupe
2009 Honda TRX 420FA Red (Hers)
2009 Honda TRX 420FA White (Mine)
1999 Chaparral 2130 SS limited edition ski boat