cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the entire rig. Have to do some touch up with bartenders friend and then start the Red Max treatment.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the water level on the house batteries. Needed very little distilled water.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the roof for the first time in 2 years. Had to hurry to beat the rain. Just made it!!

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Installed three new Heli-Coils and remounted the Exhaust Manifold and Turbo-Charger. All that is left is to buy two 15mm Crows foot wrenches so I can torque the Turbo-Charger. This will happen next spring after I have the Factory Service Manual in hand to see if there is a torque pattern to follow and then torque to specifications.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced kickspace heater thermostat with 12 vdc solid state relay and ran wire to wall mount location for new digital programmable version.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

bukib
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered an Extend-a-Stay deluxe propane kit and a 12 pack of 1076 led replacement bulbs. I am tired of searching for propane on the road although I really dont use it except for extremely hot summer trips. Now I can hook up a tank from anywhere and keep on rockin'. In Tn i need the insurance that my 6500 onan can provide in the event of a possible two weeks without power ice storm disaster.

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
Now that the bunk are done-ish.. I got the new dinette location finished.
Installed the new table posts, got the table top in position, then cut it for the fold down piece when traveling.

The surprising thing is that the changes have opened up the RV a lot. I though we would be losing space by adding the bunks. Its a win win!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
Henderson super steer coil springs to the front. No more air bags, or the Helwig buggy spring either, which weighs 50lbs plus easily.
One of the best things you can possibly do to a P chassis suspension IMO.

These look promising! I had no air bags at all when we got our rig, I had some installed and replace the om springs but it still lists and wags all over the place. I may have to invest in some of these products.

This is the only way to go and I had Camping World order and install mine. Not a job I want to take on at this age. You must first weigh your coach front with it loaded and taking into consideration the weight of the driver and passenger, so they'll know what to order. They come out of Oregon and take 5 days shipping, once they receive the order. Camping World was even cheaper for me to buy, when you consider the $50 shipping charges to FL and the install was reasonable also. I just completed a 2500 mile trip with them over Appalachia and they performed above my expectations. I still haven't had the front end aligned as yet, and it very well could be OK the way it is. Whatever the case, I'm keeping a close watch on tire wear.
Just wish I would have done this in 2007, instead of wasting my money on new air bags.

So curious, what is the best way to weight the from end? And is it best to err with too big a spring or too small?

You drive the front end up on the scales and then the other axles as well. This should always be done anyway, so that proper air pressure can be calculated from a reference chart and I usually add a cushion of about 10psi above that. Especially when one must consider that one side may be heaver than the other and how many weigh each wheel individually anyway. In my case, we weighed better than 5300lbs on the front and since both my DW and I are small people, I installed the 5400-5900lb springs. Ride height is now restored to max.(1 3/4 to 2 1/2)which is something that you don't get anyway with new air bags, once the OEM coils have fatigue. So, it's really a waste of time, since the thing can't be aligned unless this ride height(between the upper control arm and the rubber stop)is within specs.

Great info! Thanks! Gonna have to add that to the to do list.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
Henderson super steer coil springs to the front. No more air bags, or the Helwig buggy spring either, which weighs 50lbs plus easily.

These look promising! I had no air bags at all when we got our rig, I had some installed and replace the om springs but it still lists and wags all over the place. I may have to invest in some of these products.

This is the only way to go and I had Camping World order and install mine. Not a job I want to take on at this age. You must first weigh your coach front with it loaded and taking into consideration the weight of the driver and passenger, so they'll know what to order. They come out of Oregon and take 5 days shipping, once they receive the order. Camping World was even cheaper for me to buy, when you consider the $50 shipping charges to FL and the install was reasonable also. I just completed a 2500 mile trip with them over Appalachia and they performed above my expectations. I still haven't had the front end aligned as yet, and it very well could be OK the way it is. Whatever the case, I'm keeping a close watch on tire wear.
Just wish I would have done this in 2007, instead of wasting my money on new air bags.

So curious, what is the best way to weight the from end? And is it best to err with too big a spring or too small?

You drive the front end up on the scales and then the other axles as well. This should always be done anyway, so that proper air pressure can be calculated from a reference chart and I usually add a cushion of about 10psi above that. Especially when one must consider that one side may be heaver than the other and how many weigh each wheel individually anyway. In my case, we weighed better than 5300lbs on the front and since both my DW and I are small people, I installed the 5400-5900lb springs. Ride height is now restored to max.(1 3/4 to 2 1/2)which is something that you don't get anyway with new air bags, once the OEM coils have fatigue. So, it's really a waste of time, since the thing can't be aligned unless this ride height(between the upper control arm and the rubber stop)is within specs.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I took the batteries out and added distilled water, they were all about a pint low. I added dextron to the leveler/slide hydraulic system, as it was about a pint low. I cleaned the battery compartment, battery terminals, and put it all back together. Put a float charger on the chassis battery, and was done for the day.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Kevgrn114 wrote:
tropical36 wrote:

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the exhaust manifold yesterday and will hopefully get the new one drilled and tapped for a future pyrometer and get the new one hung. I will not finish the install until next spring as I do not have the bolt torque specifications yet. Hope to get the service manuals this winter so I can finish the job properly.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer