cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Check it for water leaks because it really stormed here in Long Beach, WA - rain and wind
Bob

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Kevgrn114 wrote:
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
Well and truly winterised it: Crossed the border into Mexico.

WOW !! Did you get highjacked yet? ๐Ÿ™‚ All I ever hear about is how bad Mexico is and that if you drive an RV or a red pick up truck across the border you get targeted..

Is it really that bad??? Someday I'd like to head down that way..

Lots of hype. There is some risk but there is risk everywhere these days. Avoid large border towns, avoid a couple of high risk states (mostly on the east coast. Our tow vehicle is now a 4 door Jeep Wrangle Sierra Unlimited convertible but its a bright blue (DW picked the colour--it's hers!) Not really a "Macho" vehicle!

Read the forum on traveling in Mexico and South America. Lots of Canadians down here and we all seem to make it back home every year.

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the display in my microwave. Now I can see how many minutes I am cooking. Spent $39.00 to save $300.00.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood used the cheapest drawer guides they could find and the installers must use a power driver to install the screws in the rear bracket and front support. Our night stand between the twin beds has been comimg off the guide for a couple of years and I always blamed it on the grandkids being too rough and pulling the drawer too far. We're in Cherry Hill RV park in Maryland and I had a spare twenty minutes and found out that the top drawer rear bracket onlt had one screw holding it to the carcass and it was loose. I tightened the screw and added anothe to keep it from rotating and throwing the roller out of the track. The bottem drawer back bracket only had one screw and it had been installed at an angle and it split the bracket, well I turned that bracket over and remounted it and added a second screw and now both drawers work perfectly. Hope these fixits work when the grandkids are with us.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
Worked som e more on the bunk house. got the bunk floors in and finished the wall..
rv remodel

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Started sanding the places where paint came off when I removed the diamond shield. Next will be painting.

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
ordered: stereo amp & head unit to replace the antique, wagan 3000w inverter & associated gear (fuse, cables etc), tank blankets from ultraheat (3 x dual voltage tank pads for fresh black & greywater tanks, 1.5" & 3" valve body heaters & a forthcoming product, the waterpump blanket), ordered a cable actuated valve so I can retain the greywater contents in the tank thus no need to heat that run. It was fun. Now trying to pull trigger on solar charge system. the panels I had chosen are out of stock. researching options.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
Took the new alternator off and to the shop to have it tested. Regulator? It's getting old!!
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Kevgrn114
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:

WOW !! Did you get highjacked yet? ๐Ÿ™‚ All I ever hear about is how bad Mexico is and that if you drive an RV or a red pick up truck across the border you get targeted..

Is it really that bad??? Someday I'd like to head down that way..

dennis_and_terr
Explorer
Explorer
did the 2nd saddest thing; we unpacked after 2 weeks at fort wilderness. the 1st saddest thing? winterizing....+
dennis and terry
2000 damon intruder 349 (The Boo-mobile)
cats Hunter and Jazz
dog Abigail (newly adopted from humane society)
1995 Saturn wagon toad

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
Had the roof sealed, winterized, new valve entensions for the rear wheels, new exhaust pipe on the engine & generator. Generator tuneup, and a dozen of other small items. On thursday this week, new shocks and rear sway bar bushings.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer

jffhlbrt1
Explorer
Explorer
Today, in between rain showers here in West Palm Beach, I washed our 2 patio awnings.
[COLOR=]Jeff, Steve, & Nala
09 Damon Challenger 371
09 Honda Accord
Bakersfield, CA

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Mostly thinking about getting on the road in 18 days. Water system is blown out but no pink has been added. Temps hovering down to 30 overnight. Hope it holds for the next 15 days until I can bring it into my "yard" (live in a townhouse with a slot just big enough for the coach behind my garage - good for no more than 7 days) and turn on the heat.

Bought a Roadmaster Tow Guard to protect new paint on front of the tow'd and had to have it installed. The first bolt I tried to undo was frozen and I do not have the tools to deal with it. Turns out the mechanic ran into that one and destroyed the nut and washers in the process. Total job cost me 30 min of labor, no charge for the destroyed nut and lock washer, not a bad deal.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Moved into the barn for the winter and finished winterizing. Removed Belt from the alternator for eventual alternator removal. Need to convert from one wire regulator to the factory original three wire that previous owner had installed. will not be many more days I will be able to work on it as the colder weather sits in.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One