cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Installed some outlets in the side of the bed frame I made last week.

scooterseats
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil and filter in the engine in preparation to a trip to Baytown, TX
Ross Murphy
2000 Discovery 37G
PT Cruiser Toad

jeep2relax
Explorer
Explorer
Gassed it up and filled propane tank for another trip. Checked operation of furnace, Water Heater, and Refer. Furnace worked fine, Refer and Water Heater refused to stay lit. They both worked fine last weekend. After about an hour in the rain cleaning terminals and tapping on apparently sticking valves all is working. (knocking on wood)

A Happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded my coach up with food and clothing and am headed to Las Vegas, Nevada to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter.
It will be raining and windy driving up there, but hopefully not that bad.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

rodandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a console for between the seats from JCWhitney, received it and just put it in the MH. Dreaming about leaving for Texas on Jan 12th!
Hubby and Me
Kasper, our Schnauzer Kid
2006 Itasca Meridian DP
Jeep Wrangler Toad - Husker Red

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
rexabbot wrote:
We came from Maryville on Hwy 336 (Montvale Rd) to Sunny Valley Dr. to Flats Rd to Butterfly Gap Rd ( I had to go forward and backward about 6 times to make that turn. I didn't have the toad on after the last switch back on Happy Valley Rd.
Look it up on the map and let me know what you think. I think most people would think I was a liar. But my family will attest to the ride.
I wish I would have taken a picture but I wasn't thinking about that at the time.
I wish I knew the grade so I could tell the story properly.

Good for you! We did the Skyline drive in a 32 DP. Can just imagine the fun you had. Almost jealous!

rexabbot
Explorer
Explorer
I am at the Big Meadow Family Campground in Townsend as I write this.
Yes we are having a good time. Went horse back riding today.

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
rexabbot wrote:
we took Foothills Parkway down to Townsend.

Now that I survived this it makes me smile to know I did it. It wasn't my choice of course, once you start up there is no turning back!

Hope you enjoyed Townsend, we have been going there for 10 years and still enjoy it. So much nicer than Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig

rexabbot
Explorer
Explorer
we took Foothills Parkway down to Townsend.

Now that I survived this it makes me smile to know I did it. It wasn't my choice of course, once you start up there is no turning back!

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
rexabbot wrote:

This is a Google Earth Image of the road I drove up.

Yep, the road that runs fairly straight on the right side of the map is the Foothills Parkway-would have been a much better route for you.

rexabbot
Explorer
Explorer

This is a Google Earth Image of the road I drove up.

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
rexabbot wrote:
We came from Maryville on Hwy 336 (Montvale Rd) to Sunny Valley Dr. to Flats Rd to Butterfly Gap Rd ( I had to go forward and backward about 6 times to make that turn. I didn't have the toad on after the last switch back on Happy Valley Rd.
Look it up on the map and let me know what you think. I think most people would think I was a liar. But my family will attest to the ride.
I wish I would have taken a picture but I wasn't thinking about that at the time.

Oh yeah, I kow that road, much worse than the Foothills parkway. The parkway is gonna be that road where the overpass was at the top ofthe mountain. But if you think that is bad, don't ever try Hwy 129 to Hwy 28 running down the Southwest side of the National park-it is nicknamed the "Tail of the Dragon" and several people a year die on it-mostly motorcycle folks. Do a search for it, something crazy like 350 switchback curves in 18 miles or something close to that.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Hank MI wrote:
Nothing, cleaned up some of the leaves in the yard and burned them. Tomorrow, probably the same thing.

Same as yesterday, hope that's the last of them.

rexabbot
Explorer
Explorer

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
rexabbot wrote:
Drove my 40 ft class A DP up a road in the Tennessee mountains that I should not have been on. Don't know the grade and don't want to exaggerate because I don't need to - it was that bad. If anyone knows out there let me know. I drove up Happy Valley Dr. to the Top Of World community between Maryville TN and Townsend, TN. at Look Rock. We started at the bottom - not realizing it was the bottom and I had to go almost straight up. There was a low clearance sign of 14 ft - I am 12 ft high. There were several swtich backs, we made them all except the last one. I didn't mention that I was also pulling my TOAD, a Honda Pilot. I had to unhook the TOAD at an angle I had a hard time standing on it was so steep. Several people stopped and asked me if I was lost and a few others asked me if I was aware of the low clearance at the top.
I unhooked the toad having my daughter at the motor home brake it case we started to move and my wife at the TOAD break. My non-binding tow bar bound on one side. I had to pull further up to straigten out and got it to unhook. There are many more details but suffice it to say it was an amazing drive. I now know that my Cummins 8.5L and Allison Trans. can take me up almost anywhere, I am very proud of it. And it is 15 years old!

Top of the world and look rock is on the Foothills Parkway. Did you come from Maryville? Hopefully you didn't come up from the NC side and drive the Tail of the Dragon! That would not be a road to do in a 40' for sure, you would take up both lanes and then some.