cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
ennajean wrote:
Took it out for a ride yesterday.....poor thing has been sitting in the garage for 3 months.
Nice to have a garage though!
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Took it out for a ride yesterday.....poor thing has been sitting in the garage for 3 months.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I exercised my Honda eu2001i generator today and discovered it was "Hunting" for the correct RPM. Now I have to repair it and thanks to rv.net I found the answer for the FIX. Thanks to a very astute reader for posting this procedure.
http://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22602186.cfm
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
RSchleder,

You are about 5 hours of driving closer to "south" than we are. 🙂 Our first trip will be in April to the B Social near Van Buren, Missouri.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

RSchleder
Explorer
Explorer
Finished loading our ERA Sprinter ( Winnebago) for our first trip. Going south to visit our Daughter's family as well as our Son and his 2 sons. Excited about our first trip in the ERA after owning 3 DP'ers.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is once you get 2 or more post about, say batteries, the thread has a very good chance of turning into a "battery" thread.
The topic is "What did you do to your Class B Today"
Admin is just trying to keep a good thread on topic.
Thanks Admin.

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
This is drifting off topic again :E

Subject line is
"What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?"

May want to start a battery topic in Tech Issues

Admin
RV.net

Hi Admin,

Seems to me that it is simply asking a question about someone has done with there class B RV. Or in this case, what they are about to do.

But then you did say "May want....."

Thanks for being here.

Bud

dirtyharryo
Explorer
Explorer
Back from Circleville flea market, Will unload & clean it out today, ran good, every thing working as it should, not bad for a 24 years old 1988 Dodge Xplorer.

Admin
This is drifting off topic again :E

Subject line is
"What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?"

May want to start a battery topic in Tech Issues

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
locoqueso wrote:
Rats! Thanks for the heads up. I didn't speak with anyone at Optima. I just read through the info on their site.

Hopefully, it will work out for you.

Please get back to us.

Bud

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
delete
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Hello again locoqueso,

When I went to close the Optima window on my pc, I was asked about chatting. I asked about the yellow top vs blue top for RV applications. From that, I suggest that you contact Optima concerning using the yellow top with an RV.

The price appears good, but there Is a reason for the blue top.

Bud

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
locoqueso wrote:
@BudJ: The Optima FAQ has information on the difference between Yellow and Blue tops...

Note: The difference between BlueTop and YellowTop deep cycle batteries is that BlueTop batteries have both automotive (SAE) posts and threaded posts, while YellowTops (other than D31T) only have SAE posts.

If you ever get confused on the color tops just remember: if it has a dark gray case then it is a starting battery; if it has a light gray case then it is a deep cycle (dual purpose) battery.

I ordered two YellowTops with light gray cases to use as deep cycles for the coach. The promo code only seems to work with the YellowTop and RedTop Optimas.

Understood, and thanks. But you did not quote all of the FAQ about the difference.

Nowhere does Optima say anything about the yellow top being used for Marine or RV applications, rather other applications that are not the average 'vehicle' applicaton. They provided a number of examples that are Not Marine or RV like.

The difference appears to be 'how' deep cycle, e.g. nowhere with the yellow top do you find what Optima cites about the blue top, "3x more recharges than a traditional battery".

Again, I know little other than what I've read. Maybe you have already spoken with Optima.

Bud

ffjeff
Explorer
Explorer
Our Costco has Optima batteries usually quite cheaper than the NAPA store. Not sure if they have them at other stores.

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
delete
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m