cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

jaberg
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new cab stereo system, then dropped it off for some major improvements including a new generator and a modern inverter/smart-charger system.
Have Rover. Will travel.
Ford C8000 based custom Super C
Follow along on the journey:
http://roverhauler.wordpress.com

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Started condensing my plastic containers of clothes,eliminated 1/2 of one filled with paperwork-must read all magazines and give or throw away.

kodiakdon
Explorer
Explorer
I modified battery compartment to accommodate two 6 volt batteries and installed an inverter.The inverter works OK but creates lines on TV.Inverter has a cooling fan, this may be causing problem.I'm also having trouble with the battery switch,power is on and I can'shut power off .I made the box out3/4 ply and angle iron, mounted solenoid onto plywood.I don't know if solenoid has to be grounded to frame in order to work.

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
I finished off the rebuilding of the stair area. Completey removed all of the stairs and inside step, Sandblasted, powder-coated them. Welded up a new support and bolted this to the step and frame(for a bolt-on application). Repaired the inside of the underside wall and the little piece of body to the right of the outside stairs. Now to think a bit more on that Aux tank issue I am having(maybe the pickup tube is resting on the bottom of the tank and not able to get fuel through it). I will try that next or find something else to work on.

Happy and Safe Camping, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

zkathyz
Explorer
Explorer
Well all I did was acompany DH to Camping World to pick up a hot water temperature regulator (water was waaaay to hot)and admired the scaffolding he put over the cab so he could wax the cabover and looked at the side he buffed out (we put some scratches on it in Death Valley last week)Boy, DH needs to go camping!
The Beast and The beloved
Jayco Senecca 34SS & '84 Mobile Traveler
Always in our memories

Rokk
Explorer
Explorer
reworked the storage compartments. stocked new sewer hoses and hookups. shined up the wheels and rims. installed a different stereo system. this coming week will be a manner of packing for a 4 month excursion starting next weekend.

fisher60
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday pulled the rear window out to replace some rotted framing and wall panel. Can't believe the mfg used adhesive backed foam to seal the windows. Going back with Butyl Putty Tape. Little by little I'll pull them all and reseal. Got to be road ready by May 25th.
'01 Dutchman Express 28A, Borg Chrome Dually Valve Stems, Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulators, '06 Tuscon, 2014 FLHTCUTG
Good Sam Life Member

davemittan
Explorer
Explorer
eyeteeth wrote:
Removed the last of the panelling... and the bathroom wall, counter, and cabinites. Just about ready to start replacing wood, and putting it all back together.

I just looked at your rig's pic in your profile. How neat!
I'd love to see more pics, including work in progress.

Dave
Dave

eyeteeth
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the last of the panelling... and the bathroom wall, counter, and cabinites. Just about ready to start replacing wood, and putting it all back together.

davemittan
Explorer
Explorer
We've been removing the semi-permanent packed items to get ready for trading it on Wednesday.
Now I have to wash off all of the oak pollen that has made a yellow-green film.
At least migrating cedar waxwings didn't "decorate" her this year......
Dave

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Don't just replace bulbs -take all lens covers off and wash/dry inspect seals to chassis,also put at least 3 of each bulb used on your rig-inside and out in your tool box. Today ,I let a lizard escape to the backyard and took a whisk broom to the carpet up front-couldn't imagine that it was me-that had tracked all the sand and grass in ? ๐Ÿ™‚

MikeSpeedyPam
Explorer
Explorer
Got the title transferred! Gave it a bath. Started a 'honey do' list of all the things we need to fix to pass inspection...light bulbs, lots of light bulbs.
Pam & Mike
Speedy, Oz, Cleopatra - the fur kids

"Life is a journey, not a destination."

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
pulling drip rail off and putting new putty tape on and replacing some of the bent rail as I go. Resealed the clearance lights last week.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Doug_H
Explorer
Explorer
ntar827 wrote:
Doug H

What are dimensions of your recliners?

I would like to do this but have not seen chairs (not recliners) that will fit.

Is your dinette in a slide?

Please post puictures.

Thanks

Nick

Nick, the recliners are Lazyboy, I think they are 33 inches wide. Yes the dinette is in the slide and the space is 72 inches wide. We swiped some carpet from under the couch to patch the open spaces after removing the dinette. Had to also move an ac outlet and cover up some wiring. I am hoping to find a small table to go between the recliners.

I'll take some pictures and post when completed.

Doug
'07 Jayco Greyhawk 33DS
'02 Jeep Liberty

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Recaulked the shower, tested the external water Pressure side and dumped 2 tanks of grey & black to test any leaks. Also put in 17 gals ($75) of diesel in the Aux tank and no leaks there either. Unfortunitly when I switch to Aux side the engine grumbled, snorted and died. Could not get it to run so switch it back to main and had to learn how to start an out of fuel diesel engine. turn on the ingnition for 2 sec(with out starting it) 3 times and then start. Found that out from the http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/. Well well have to figure out what is wrong and fix that aux tank.

Laters, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.