cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Profiteer
Explorer
Explorer
Rayamash.. I also installed a 12vdc fan in the back of my refrigerator. As it turned out, my fridge had one built into its system however it was so far up on the back of the fridge, should it go out, I would never be able to reach it without removing the fridge. The extra fan I installed has its own thermostat to start & stop the fan however the system fan always kicks on BEFORE my new fan would. So I bypassed the thermostat on my new fan and installed the on/off switch in the bottom vent cover so I could reach it from the outside of my rig to turn it on around 80 degrees instead of the 90 preset temperature.

Here are a few pictures of the install. You can see I installed it AFTER the Dometic recall mod (Large Metal shield to the right of the fan) was taken care of. I added the wood bracket for now but plan on replacing it with a metal one soon. The fan came with its own metal bracket but would not allow me to point the fan upwards.

PS: To answer Nickโ€ฆ I purchased the fan at my local RV supply store as a kit.. fan, switch, wire, thermostat for about $20 to $25 bucks. Itโ€™s pretty small..!

I also installed this corner shelf next to my bed so I would have a place to set my glasses, keys, and wallet at night. Also a good spot for my Noaa weather radio. I picked up the rack at Wal-mart for 6 bucks and cut it down to just two shelves. I used the 3M self-stick (removable pull tab) hooks I found there also.

Patrick

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Since we attend one or two "star parties" each year (amateur astronomy gatherings), I installed a couple of small red LED clearance lights inside my motorhome. I mounted a mini toggle switch on the side of the existing plastic ceiling light fixture, and mounted the LED light next to the stock white light fixture.
For those who aren't aware, dim red light does not affect one's "night vision", and for that reason, you'll always see red lights at an astronomy gathering.
Works great!

2007 Winnebago Access 31c
(2006 Ford E450 chassis)
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

Vaughn_Button
Explorer
Explorer
Had the recall repair to the Dometic refer. One hour drive - ten minute fix. Good to go now.
Two of us.

ntar827
Explorer
Explorer
rayamash

Any photos of your fan installation?

What is the size of the fans?

Where did you purchase them?

Thanks

Nick

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Got the Firestone air springs I ordered from JC Whitney today... Read the instructions, checked the underside of the house to make sure that the instructions matched the underside.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend? :h
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

rayamash
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I installed two 12vdc fans in the refrigerator stack to force a draft. I read this helps the refer work more efficent. Worked great during campout over the weekend.

jaberg
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a busy week. Biggest project, just completed today, was replacing the old seats with a pair of take outs from a Toyota Corolla. (My back is much happier.)

This past weekend we picked the rig up from a service visit. Routine maintenance except for the new turbo charger (*Ouch*!) and chasing down the pinched ground wire that cost us a(nother) starter solenoid. At any rate, we should be (mechanically) ready to hit the road at the end of the week.

After picking the rig up we spent the rest of Saturday cleaning and organizing the "house" and I installed the "new" passenger seat. The drivers seat swap took place today. Both seats used slightly different mounts because the passenger seat is hinged to allow access to the oil fill hatch. It took an unbelievably long time to fabricate the adaptor rails for the drivers seat but I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Sunday was spent at a Mountain Biking class--getting ourselves ready for Moab.

Plenty more to do before we ship out! (And I really need to shoot some photos for the blog too.)
Have Rover. Will travel.
Ford C8000 based custom Super C
Follow along on the journey:
http://roverhauler.wordpress.com

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a third MaxAire vent cover.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

Charlie_Em
Explorer
Explorer
Put a post out at the far edge of my driveway (far to much work) and ran electric out to it. Just getting the old homestead ready as are getting ours on Wednesday. Plan on hitting State Park in VA next weekend.
Charlie, Emilie and Buc
"08" Winnabego Aspect 29H
"02" Suzuki Intruder
"05" Honda Goldwing

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Alot planned and just started when my neighbor decided to throw a towel on the hood of her sports car and get some tanning time in-well I couldn't watch her and my fingers at the same time, so I just sat in my lawn chair:)

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I finished washing it, washed the awning,& steam cleaned the carpet.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Read Tech topics article in Good Sams Club (Highways) August about "warm fridge" and moved my thermistor as suggested -it is now 10 degree's colder in the fridge,also a good article about household sealers and RV's!

chadly
Explorer
Explorer
I am picking the rig up tonight after work. The shop fixed a few things for me.

First off was the front end. I had a shimmy and they ended up balancing the wheels. one of them was way off. seeing they are aluminum rims they are harder to balance? Not sure but the shop seems to hate these.

I now have a new carb in the Onan. Seems the old one gave out. I'm still not sure if they have replaced the recepticle or not...i'll find out...

I also bought a new center console to replace the old one with. i'll hopefully get pics up of that tonight.
Me and the kids
Daughter 13
Son 10

ohiotubagal
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the underside of the awning, using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...worked great! Had to use a ladder, but boy it looks so much better now!

Figured out halfway through that I could tie the eraser onto the end of my swiffer and then didn't have to use the ladder.
Mish
1 DH (he does the driving)
2 8 yr. old DDs
2005 Coachman Freedom 30.5 ft

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Added to the "Things to do/get" list, remounted the new solar charge controller (first trip with it and it wasn't too secure, is now), added plastic bag holder, new bath mat, added a broom (list item).

Finally got a spare tire cover (I know, "hey dingbat, you need to keep it covered") :S

Cleaned up my pancake mix "mess" (hey, that's what happens when you forget to tighten the cap on the bottle before shaking).

Fixed a "customer" wiring problem (my fault for using old wire nuts) ran genset for its' "monthly" afterwards.
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.