cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Fixed the leads to my 300 watt inverter so that I can use it when boondocking to save energy vs the 2500 watt unit. So far I'm just running it off the television outlet. I think I should get some thicker wire
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ronfisherman
Washed and covered MH. Not going to be using it again until late August.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Well put on Bilstein shocks front and rear today , swapped out the small 15inch flat screen Polaroid tv for a 24 inch Samsung much better.

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Huh...there are a couple on eBay right now for pretty reasonable prices. Search for "rv cargo door" and see if there's anything that fits your needs.
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Just Jeff,

Sorry, I can't help you. I was hoping you could suggest a good source.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Tenbear - I got a quote a while back from CW but it was pretty high, so I looked some up on eBay. Still expensive for what it is, but I guess if there's no other option. If you have a vendor to recommend, I'm all ears. That project will be at least a few months away, though...concentrating on the battery bank and hoping to get the solar installed before I move to VA in five weeks.

PT - That'll be much nicer if they just add a shim instead of needing to add to the suspension. I have no idea how this will impact it...just know adding 500 aftermarket pounds on one side will have some sort of impact, however small. A shim would be nice!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Just Jeff,

I "gave up" the storage compartment behind the battery box (which is just behind the drivers door.) I had a support welded around the compartment.

I was some what concerned as I have seven batteries, and dual fresh water tanks all on the driver's side.

When I had the first wheel alignment done, they added a shim to the driver's side. I do not know if that was because of the extra weight or not.

I chose to keep dual battery banks so I can use the OEM 3 or the addition 4.

My weight, fully loaded with two folks and their possessions is 14,000 lbs, so I have 500 pounds in "reserve". I'm going to new tires that are taller (215 R70 15 to 235 R85 16) and have greater weight bearing capacity.

Just Jeff wrote:
In my sig pic, just in front of the rear tires, there's a small 120v box, then a larger storage box, then a small 12v box with the current battery. I'm combining the battery box and the large storage box for this setup. Most of the weight will be about 2-4' in front of the rear axle.

But I'm keeping the plastic box from the storage area and might move it to the front, just behind the cab. Just have to get a door assembly...which costs more than it's worth! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm a little concerned about the left-to-right balance. I'll see if it's noticeable once everything is installed, then decide if I need to add a leaf to the suspension on that side or something.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Just Jeff

Are you buying the door assy from the manufacturer, or have you found another source?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
In my sig pic, just in front of the rear tires, there's a small 120v box, then a larger storage box, then a small 12v box with the current battery. I'm combining the battery box and the large storage box for this setup. Most of the weight will be about 2-4' in front of the rear axle.

But I'm keeping the plastic box from the storage area and might move it to the front, just behind the cab. Just have to get a door assembly...which costs more than it's worth! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm a little concerned about the left-to-right balance. I'll see if it's noticeable once everything is installed, then decide if I need to add a leaf to the suspension on that side or something.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Just Jeff,

Which compartment are you "giving up"? Or is this an additional box some where else?
Regards, Don

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped it off at the welder to get the battery box installed. I tried finding workarounds to make it easier but no-can-do with the batteries and inverter that I chose, so I have to get a custom box welded ($$$). This will complicate the wiring just a bit but it'll work out better in the end.

Just have to see if I can get it all done before my big summer trip!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Monitored the solar--it kept me going even in the rain. It's good to have lots of battery bank.

I was able to keep the water heater warm enough for a shower. I ran it on 120 volt via the inverter and alternator.
Regards, Don

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Boondocked in the rain. More rain forecast. Thank goodness I have a good battery bank!
Regards, Don

-Lqdskier
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it top to bottom and got the Bi-annual smog check(living in Ca. stinks sometimes). Also resealed the running lights.

David_R
Explorer
Explorer
Flushed water heater, filled fresh water tank, fired up the fridge, water heater and stove top all on propane, put truck on the battery charger, and just enjoyed having it in the driveway.
2007 BT Cruiser 5231
2002 Heritage Softail Classic