cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

mrgarlic
Explorer
Explorer
We have 1999 Tioga 29'. We are RV ers from the early 70's and kinda handy. We just finished, removing all of the carpet, including the cab. We replaced with new but put down tile in main traffic area. I added all new laminate to table and counters. We re upholstered the seat cushions and replaced the valance fabrics.And had the stripes repainted. It looks pretty sharp. I replaced built in TV with new digital and wired it for my Blue Tooth hearing aid system. I would be happy to assist you in the hearing set up. I replaced the front sway bar bushings, but didn't see a lot of improvment. I have a lot of sway, however I have nothing to compare to. Ok,,,Thanks for letting me chat. - - - Larry

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Corrected the tire pressures which were too high in the front and too low in the back. Drive-ability improved.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

taylorgso
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new Hellwig sway bar on our Solera. Fairly easy install, but would have helped if I had been able to put the coach up on jack stands. After install, I took it for a 10-12 mile test drive, and the difference in handling was amazing, There was a good steady 10-15mph corss wind, and it was unnoticeable, and reduced tail wag from passing trucks by a good 50%. All-in-all, a good investment.
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks Four Down)
2014Thor Tuscany XTE 40GQ

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Jumped from 225/75R16 to 235/85R16.

New wheels with the correct offset required

I chose to do a wheel alignment and a camber sleeve was added.

So far initial results are good--it looks like at least 5% better mileage, better ground clearance, smoother softer ride, and now that I've corrected the over inflated front tires, an easier "drive".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Climbed up on the roof with the Mineral Spirits and Dicor and started sealing any possible leaks. Didn't get it finished because I was afraid I wouldn't leave enough time for it to set before the rain came. Didn't see anything that was obviously leaking.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Got some camber adjustment bushings put on to fix the alignment. Adding 450 pounds of batteries to one side threw off the alignment a bit but now it drives nice and straight again.

Packed it up and set it up at the campground down the road a few miles...the movers start packing up the house tomorrow and we'll stick around until next Friday for work stuff, then drive to VA to close on our new house (hopefully) in mid-July. We won't have an address for the next few weeks so I guess that makes us "full-timers!" Haha...
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Replaced all seven wheels with ones with a larger offset, so I could go to 235/85R16 tires.

So far I'd say I have improvement in the ride.
Regards, Don

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the shop to have a new tire put on. One was cut on I95 north of Baltimore returning from a trip last week.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from a 3 week trip and had a couple of things to fix.

A drawer broke. The plastic thingy that holds the far end of the slide on one side broke. I made a replacement out of sheet metal, not as pretty as the old piece, but who sees it anyway. The drawer works as good as new.

The cord on one of the day-night shades broke so I re-strung the blind. Its the fourth one I've re-strung.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

ginaseven
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped it off at my local repair shop to have a new roof installed.:(
2006 Gulfstream Conquest

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
More like what I didn't do....

Got about 3/4 cup of bleach in the freshwater tank
Put in stereo and hooked it up to the front surround speakers
Cleaned with a bit of bleach

In the last few days..
Hit all the grease points
Cleaned the air filters and housing
Checked battery output.. 4 volts!! time for another
Cleaned the birds nest out
Checked the generator.. going to give a oil change when I change the chassis

Sure there's alot more. About 80% ready to hit the road. So far need to replace the house battery and all the side clips. The electric steps decided to quit hoping the Taurus motor will fit. Also the electric water heater doesn't want to work, not sure on the water heater in general. Grandparents are buying a TV for us so that's a plus!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
4BeachCampers wrote:
@KristinU

They are a relatively new product - lightweight vinyl tiles with adhesive backing. No grouting needed. Roughly 10"x10" sheet and can get pricey (+/- $10 per sheet) but in my opinion so worth it. Look up Smart Tiles at www.homedepot.com There's many colors and styles to choose from.

๐Ÿ™‚

Very cool, thanks!!!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

4BeachCampers
Explorer
Explorer
@KristinU

They are a relatively new product - lightweight vinyl tiles with adhesive backing. No grouting needed. Roughly 10"x10" sheet and can get pricey (+/- $10 per sheet) but in my opinion so worth it. Look up Smart Tiles at www.homedepot.com There's many colors and styles to choose from.

๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Ford Four Winds Chateau Sport 28A

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
I'm loving these tile projects! I've done plenty of tiling at home, but I'm wondering about in the RV...are these different than residential? Ligher/thinner so weight isn't a concern? Do they get grouted or are these some fancy cool new product?
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Used it as my semi full time home for another few days. I'm waiting on my new wider wheels.
Regards, Don