cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
See this link for instructions on how to post pictures.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Got it back from lending it to my parents for the summer about a week ago (story HERE if anyone is interested)

And since we're knee deep in scouts and football with our DS, no weekend trips means mod time. Chalkboard paint was my first project:

Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Got the coach in to complete the cosmetic side of the previous fiberglass repair. They did a paint match today, sanded out the surrounding area, repainted and applied some clear coat. It needs to dry/set up for a couple of days and then I will buff it out with some polishing compound. I'll post before and after pics when its done.

:C

ronfisherman
Motorhome is winterized, oil & filter changed, fuel filter changed, chassis lubed and antifreeze drained flushed and refilled. Been a busy day.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
Went to start and run the gen set, would not start. Ran the coach batteries down. took the bowl off the gen and the trash in the bowl looked like pollen. cleaned it out and started fine. I always use gas stabilizer in my fuel every fill up and there's a filter before the carb. figure the filter is breaking down. then looked at the 2 6 volt batteries and they were boiled out. filled them up and ran the motor to charge them up.
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
A bit of green tint to the blackness must be the factory fill. After 39k and 12 years it was time. It was uneventful to say the least. I spray PB blaster on it every couple days for the last week. You can access the bleeders without removing the tires. Used around 2 qts.. thought I'd need the gallon! See what difference there is next week going to Fort Smith. I did notice a bit of fade on the last trip.

2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

RonMay
Explorer
Explorer
Put yet MORE stuff back in the MH for our upcoming trip back to FL from New England. Taking the "western route" when we head south vs I-95. I was really PO'd at paying $100+ in tolls for the previlage of traveling some of the worst roads in America.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
I gave our motorhome a long overdue wash job, boy was it cruddy up on the top! Wish I had the time and energy to wax it, but that will have to wait until spring when I can wash it better.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the spark plug and fuel filter on the generator. What a pain the filter was. Bends way to easy. Got the 149-2341 but should of got what was on it 149-2457... has a longer piece that sticks out so you can get a wrench on it. Must say the cummins shop was pretty cool.. about a 100 diesel engines on the floor. 90% of the vehicles in for repair were RV's.. think I'll pass on the diesel pushers just based on that. Still don't think it starts like it should. May need a new carb.

Now to check the funds and flush the brakes.. not sure how big of a project that'll be!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
lol I actually went out last night and closed the vent overhead bed , it sprinkled enough to get roads wet ! Hey that's big and good news here in Northern Ca !!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
What I noticed most was a lowering of wind noise after my air tab install. Mileage too close to call--but better mileage with a tail wind than before the installation.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oldme wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Finished up Airtab install today.

Have you used the Motor Home since the install?
Any difference in steadiness when being passes, MPG or dirt collection on the rear?

Are they worth he effort?

I have made a small run of about 200 miles.The biggest thing is that there is no longer any push when overtaken by a larger vehicle,it makes it very steady,the ride was good before now it is excellent.

As for the MPG it is too early to tell,not enough miles and I haven't fueled it yet.

I didn't seem to have any dirt on the rear of the RV.

I think it was worth the effort!
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I finished up some of the first stage of some 12V wiring improvements. I'll post more gory details at some point before too long in the DIY forum.

If you have a Coachmen motorhome, check to see if there's a little DC distribution bus bar system near the positive house battery connection. On mine, it's mounted on a little chassis along with the main house battery fuse (of 175A, I think) and the house/chassis battery isolation relay. This bus bar feeds a few of the self-resetting circuit breakers, which are mounted in a little plastic bracket. This nifty plastic bracket has a somewhat flawed design, in my opinion.

The problem is that the bracket wraps around the load side of the circuit breakers, and insulates the load connections from the base of the stud on the circuit breaker. This means that the full load current has to go through the nut holding the load ring connector onto the circuit breaker stud, rather than directly from the stud to the terminal. In general, nuts and other threaded connections should not be the primary current carrying connections.

I replaced the plastic one with this nice metal one which works well (the breakers are clamped in very securely). The spacing of the breakers is identical, so the bus bar itself doesn't need modification, but the mounting holes for the holder are spaced further apart which necessitated a new hole in the chassis it mounts onto. The metal bracket does not work with manual reset breakers, as I discovered the one for the power steps initially was.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Urbandocked for the first time with my new to me telecom batteries.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Added an Ulra-Gauge.

It found 47 different gauges it could read and setup on a 2000
E450 chassis. So far just setup basic, RPM, Temp, HP, Torque,
MPG.

Simple install.
Plug into the vehicle's OBDII then go through the menus.
I used the basic included holder and Velcro on the dash by the left vent.

Ultra Gauge