cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, good thing you noticed.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

VagabondRetiree
Explorer
Explorer
Just before heading out I noticed my inner rear tire was shredded. Heard a noise while driving in but thought something flew into our coach. Must have been a tread piece hitting the under carriage. Anyways good thing I noticed before we hit the highway. Ended up changing two tires because another looked suspicious.

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the hydraulic shock on the coach door. Got tired of the wind slamming it shut, now it works great. Also adjusted the striker on the door so it won't rattle when going down the road.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the water lines from the fresh tank to the pump to the drain and the pump to hard line with proper material rated for human use.

Revamped the coach battery charging system from main battery to a circuit breaker used as the splice point for the wire that disappears through the firewall.

The outside accessible compartment that is now used for the coach battery is only
11h x 10w x 8d. Small. Strange. There are 55aH batteries that will fit but Im going to revamp the box soon for at least a group 24.
Peace. ~RL

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Refilled propane.. 50% off for good SAMs members this weekend. Saved over $23!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
At the end of last summer my toilet wasn't holding water very well, so this spring I removed the toilet and cleaned the seal. The toilet is a Thetford Aquamagic V.

The seal had a rough coating, probably calcium. I removed the seal, scraped the coating off and put it back in place. I left the toilet with some water in it for a few days to see if my fix had worked. It held water for several days so I put it back in the MH. All seems well. This was the second time I have cleaned the seal. Time will tell how long it will last.

For those people who are wondering, I didn't wear gloves while doing the repair. I seem to have survived the several days since I was doing the dirty part.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the tire pressure. All were low but the b is I always needed to take of the hub caps each time. No more. Finally broke down and went to Camping World and picked up 4 45 deg. valve stem extenders. Now they are accessible outside the hub cap. Been telling myself for 3 years to go do it. DONE>
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

ronfisherman
Started packing up and checking things out after spending winter in AZ.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. Its a beautiful morning here. Lots os sunshine.
I have been home since Monday. Spent the winter in S. TX, about 30 miles north of Corpus Christi, at the Woddy Acrecs Rv Park in Fulton.
My first time to be able to go away for the winter. I was there Jan;Feb; Mar; it was wonderful I really like being a Winter Texan.
I have most of the stuff out of the MH. Still a few items in the freezer that I forgot. All the clothes are out, did the laundry, put the food away. Still a lot of food onboard for the next weekend campout at the end of the month with the Good Sam chaper called the BugDuckers. Then need to do a real good cleaning of the inside of the MH. Also need to scrub the outside. Lots of road grime on it. Then set up a appointment with the dealer to get the warranty work done. The Fantasteic fan in the bedroom quit working. Could have used that a number of times while In TX. The cable for the cable tv, that goes into the back of the tv, broke off and feel out of the tv. That happen in Jan. Really missed the tv, but do have a small onein the bedroom. I was able to watch movies though. All in all it was a fun winter. Everything else worked fine on the unit. One problem that I will have to address,is when you have both the main door and the screen door closed. When you open just the main door the screen door does not release. The little bracket that is suppose to hold the handle up on the screen door so the main door can open by itself moves up out of the way. I have tighten the screws but it still slides. I thinking about putting double face tape under and then tighten the screws. That should keep in in place. Went thfough a coupld fierce rains down there and NO LEAKS. Yay!!!!! Did find out, that the door to the big storage compartment must also be locked. Can't just turn the knob on the bottom of the door to keep it close. The top is not tight enough to keep water from seeping into the compartment. If the lock at the top of the door is locked, it pulls the doo in just a little bit and no water. Easy fix.
Everybody have a great day.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Not today, but I smushed the awning tube last week and broke the left end sprocket. ๐Ÿ˜ž

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
Filled up the water and loaded up the food and clothes for our first trip of the year. SO excited!

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Went to Summit Racing in Sparks, Nv this morning, 60 miles one way, and picked up a set of Bilstein HD shocks. I had read about the left front being a major pain, so went to tackle it first. They are CORRECT! It is a pain. I have tons of tools from being a body tech for over 40 years, and I could not come up with a way to get to the top nut on that shock. You cannot get your hand between the shock tower and floor/bracing of the unibody.

So, I went to the local tire shop I deal with, and scheduled an appointment for them to do the fronts. I would really like to stand there and see how they get to that nut. Anyway, I got the rears in even though the exhaust side was a big PITA, mainly because of the exhaust system and adjoining heat shields. Took it for a spin and noticed a major difference in the rear. No more bouncing over bumps. It just absorbs them with no bouncing. Can't wait to get the fronts on.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
The new shocks arrived today and put them on in less than a hour.. not sure as I didn't time it. Yeah the stocks were shot. One thing for certain it is stiffer and haven't driven it yet. Typically when I climb up on the roof it bounces.. absolutely none today!

Perick
Explorer
Explorer
Started on my "to do" list on our new (to us) 2008 Tioga 31M. Got on the roof and applied Eternabond tape to the front and rear seams, on a few spots that had previous Dicor repairs done, around the vents and the shower skylight. Then caulked with M1 sealant around a few spots in the shower and on the roof.

Now I've got to replace the water pump and install a winterizing kit, and figure out how to fix one of the hinges on the basement storage.

We're hoping take it on a shakedown campout on April 8th so here's hoping the weather cooperates!

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Wore out 2 Magic Erasers cleaning off the residue from a semi with a bad injector pump. Must say it looks cleaner than it has since we bought it! I think it did remove a bit of shine though. Not sure if I'll wax it. Doesn't seem to help make it easier to remove bugs.

Sometime this weekend going to hit all the bolts with pb-blaster and it get it ready for when the shocks arrive.