cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

c_cschroed
Explorer
Explorer
Took our new C on a shakedown cruise. We loaded up yesterday afternoon and did an overnighter at a state park about two hours away. The trip was wonderful and I learned a few important things. Like, we don't have an auto transfer switch for the generator, which is why it ran great but I couldn't get any AC power on the drive. Also, I learned that the bathroom sink drains into the black tank and not the grey tank. Don't ask how I found out but it wasn't pleasant.

Still, it was an amazing experience to be on the road for the first time in our very own motorhome!
Cris, Carol, Robbie, Cathy, and Reeses the Wonder Dog
2005 Four Winds Chateau Sport 28A

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this counts. We ordered a new motorhome in November and will take delivery May 23. Spent the day raising the door of our RV garage that fit our travel trailer just fine when I built it but was not high enough for the MH.

SAR41
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the Pressure Pro sensors on six tires on motorhome and the four tires on the toad.

Installed the Brakebuddy Vantage Select system and break away kit into toed and hooked up everything and went riding to test it all out.

Everything working great. Now I just need to GO SOMEWHERE!!!!!!

Was planning to leave on a three week trip later this week and now something has come up that we have to cancel for now. Not sure when we will be able to go.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
If it aint broke don't break it. If you do Hide It!
Allegro Bus 40QDP 400HP Cummings 03 Ranger Toad
2 Vino 125 Scooters 500 Polaris ATV 200 Honda ATV
and NOT ENOUGH FREE TIME!
Wife & I with Chein(Pit Bull,just a big baby)

Sun-Seeker
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing of all... I loaded it! Heading out west tomorrow for 4 weeks.

ckndave
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at it wistfully out the window. Nowhere to go until the last week of April for us....
CK and Dave :W :W, Luke :C

Are we there yet?

HALLyDAZE - 2000 LAZY DAZE 26.5 RB

socialstudiesmo
Explorer
Explorer
We finished filling it with gas and have it plugged in while we finish loading it with groceries. All the clothing was packed last evening. We're headed for Mammoth Caves Nat'l. Park tomorrow a.m.!
2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK
2014 Jayco Greyhawk BH

IbeDavid
Explorer
Explorer
Berticus wrote:
Just had a few hours and installed my Aux Fuel tank on the beast. 50 gal more at $4.07 gal. Will drive down today and put in 5 or 10 gals in and see if I did a mgood job.

Laters, Robert.

REPLY: I wouldnt mind hearing and seeing how you accomplished doing this . Can you elaborate how you tied it in to the existing gas tank ? Thanks, David

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a few hours and installed my Aux Fuel tank on the beast. 50 gal more at $4.07 gal. Will drive down today and put in 5 or 10 gals in and see if I did a good job.

Laters, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

MikeMike
Explorer
Explorer
Checked and cleaned and resealed running lights,bought 2 new red and yellows ,bought new freshwater drain valve,installed a ShurFlow vent/fan,ran A/C (24 hrs)cleaned filters, It rained today-took flashlight and checked everywhere for leaks-all windows and seals throughout---went and got a haircut( to celebrate a dry RV)

SAR41
Explorer
Explorer
Had metal valve stems installed on the two front tires of the MH and all four tires on the toad in preperation for the install of the Pressure Pro system I purchased this week. Already had metal on the rear tires from a couple years ago. Had the long metal kit installed then. Will put the sensors on the tires this weekend and hard wire the indicator in.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
If it aint broke don't break it. If you do Hide It!
Allegro Bus 40QDP 400HP Cummings 03 Ranger Toad
2 Vino 125 Scooters 500 Polaris ATV 200 Honda ATV
and NOT ENOUGH FREE TIME!
Wife & I with Chein(Pit Bull,just a big baby)

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Drove about 2 1/2 hours from Arches NP to Mesa Verde NP!
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

ramzfam
Explorer
Explorer
We've been on 2 trips this year so yesterday after work I got out the wand sprayer and cleaned the black water tank. :E I try to do this every other trip though as the pace of trips picks up with warm weather it will probably morph into every 3rd or 4th trip...like it did last year.
Have RV....Will Travel :C :B
2007 Forest River Sunseeker 2860 LTD
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

SiteCn
Explorer
Explorer
Today we took our RV out of storage. It spends 5 months in a warm, safe building in Wiscasset, Maine. In spite of wind, cold, and snow still on the ground, this is our rite of Spring. It is a short camping season in the Northeast and we start early. Life is good -esp when your RV is sitting in your yard again!

lostmymarbles
Explorer
Explorer
Today we try to hook up a direct tv unit to our winegard dish. We bought this unit used and have so many things we are finding the motor home has we didn't know about. Does anyone know any tricks for an easy installation.

technojerry
Explorer
Explorer
Took my in for warranty service before the one year ran out. Other than a DVD player that does not work, most issues were minor cosmetic ones. Hope to get it back in a week.
Technojerry

Gone from a Travel Trailer to 5th Wheel to now a Class C (31M Jamboree)