cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Bill_and_Marie_
Explorer
Explorer
Installed vent cover on bathroom vent, last one in. Almost cut my finger off trying to figure out how to take out the wheel inserts, taking it to my RV guy for a bit if training after this weekends trip to Lake Texoma. Cold front coming through do the temp will drop off to a balmy 95F.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for our Niagara trip. Took care of a few annoyances and did a major cleaning. Major cleaning ie removing anything we won't need! In a car I'd probably get more 1 mpg at least! It's pretty much ready to go minus the food.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Bill_and_Marie_
Explorer
Explorer
First oil change for the V-10 and the generator after the Phoenix run (BTW, The V-10 on this 26' E350 feels really powerful, flew up the mountains in Flagstaff). Mobil 1 all around. Then replaced the white factory batwing with a black Sensar IV. I can now get over 70 channels out of which 5 are useful. Also replaced the bedroom TV mount so we can install a larger set. One more vent cover coming in tomorrow and planning to lube the awning which is running tight. Weekend at Lake Texoma coming up!

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are leaving Friday morning for a 3 week trip up to the rockies. First stop, Angel Fire in northeastern New Mexico and then on to Colorado. I can't do mechanical work on the coach at the storage yard or in front of our home so I drove over to a wide spot on a local road surrounded by desert and pulled well off the pavement. Changed the oil and filter in the generator. Also pulled the air filter and blew it out with the compressor. I have a couple of new ones on order but they may not be in before we leave and it cleaned up pretty well.

Took the rig home and filled and flushed the fresh water tank and lines with a mild Chlorox treatment. Managed to clog the aerators with debris from the old water heater anode I changed last week. Was stumped as to why the kitchen and bathroom faucets would not run until Old Biscuit and GM&JM came to my rescue with the explanation. It took all of about 7 minutes for them to respond to my call for help. Ya gotta love this Forum!

:B

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Alright, the replacement of the propane leak detector went off without a hitch. Very simple, connect black to black and red to red. The original mounting screw holes did not match exactly but no problem. I am satisfied.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

w3ozwizard
Explorer
Explorer
Someone asked for a link to the rear view/ backup camera system I got off ebay so here it is I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221496168490?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2009 Four Winds Majestic 28A

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Today I shopped, tomorrow I make a few improvements. Stopped at CW and picked up a new bathroom vent hatch cover to replace the original that has a small crack. Also picked up an anode for the water heater which I will check and replace as needed along with a drain/flush. Lastly, I bought another wheel cover to replace the one on the left rear of our C that has loosened up and emits an annoying rattle.

Stopped by a new house they were framing a couple of blocks over yesterday and the crew allowed me to pick up the scrap pieces of 2" X 4/6" framing. Just about filled the cavernous trunk of my old Crown Vic and will transfer a large portion to the bin in the storage bay of our C. Traveling with construction scrap offends no one and when combined with a little local wood makes for some very nice campfires without taking much space in the rig.

:C

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Did not do anything to it today but tomorrow I will install the new propane leak detector I bought from Amazon. Should be a simple remove and replace but my luck usually don't understand "simple". We will see.....
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new mattress a Beautyrest (Recharge - Pillow top)we figured it would take a few days to get use to this mattress since we are use to our tempurpedic mattress at home; after 3 days on the road we realized this "new RV" mattress would not work for us. We continued with our trip thinking we would address the mattress situation when we got back home in approximately 3 weeks. Day 10 we had enough and headed home. Bought a high density foam mattress on Amazon and have a memory foam topper...
Trying to sell the Beautyrest mattress on craigslist (I'm sure you know how that's going).
Need to camp out in the driveway a night or two and see how the mattress set will do !

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
w3ozwizard wrote:
I put in a back up / Rear view camera and 7 inch monitor in my MH. Got it off EBay for $88.00 delivered. Seems to work fine.

Pretty sure I bought the same thing. Wireless? Works fine.

eBay link

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
w3ozwizard wrote:
I put in a back up / Rear view camera and 7 inch monitor in my MH. Got it off EBay for $88.00 delivered. Seems to work fine.

I'm looking for the same thing, how about a link. I bought one many years ago and the display has gotten quite dim.

Thanks.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

w3ozwizard
Explorer
Explorer
2009 Four Winds Majestic 28A

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
ericsmith32, I also put it in. and yes mine leaked also. I finally got it to stop leaking after a little work. I think you will be happy you did.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Put the tornado in the black tank. Wasn't a easy task. If it doesn't leak I'll be amazed and unfortunately for next trip is the long one.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
Full trans and torque and lines fluid flush, removed 15 of the 16qts from the old Ford 4EOD. After 50miles all rough and late shifts disappeared, and no more shutter and its quieter. Amazing deference. The old fluid was not burnt, was still red but it was the old merc. Went with the synth Dex/merc blend recommended by a tranny friend.