cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What does "DW" stand for?

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many of these out here.....need a short-hand book to translate. is it "dear wife" or "divorced wife" or "dead wife"??? or "dish-washer"......all of these pop in my mind when reading these posts.
17 REPLIES 17

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
Dish Washer ... as in "My DW was standing at the sink last night but was really slowing down on the grades while paying too much attention to the TV. Since we're well over GVWR on the TV we may need to partially drain the FW, BW and GW in order to meet our CCC without getting pulled over by the weight police. Oh, and by the way, the DD (dear dog) needs a new EB ... or at least a new HEPA filter on the cat ... "
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

debraindi
Explorer
Explorer
I have used DG darling Girlfriend thinking DW divorced wife and dreaded witch.
2013 LML Duramax
2015 311 Keystone Impact
200q 24 partycraft 150 mercury
Time out motor cycle trailer
2009 Harley RG 575 cams thunder-max tuned
1970 350 JD crawler loader

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
VA-Apraisr wrote:
Broke my arm last week and had surgery to fix it.....painpills kept me up and this was just one of those un-asked questions I never took the time to ask.....haha. Thanks for confirming.

In your case, DW might stand for Double Whammy!
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Dreaded wife:S

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Broke my arm last week and had surgery to fix it.....painpills kept me up and this was just one of those un-asked questions I never took the time to ask.....haha. Thanks for confirming.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I am still trying to figure out why so many people are concerned about the GVWR of their TV.

I haven't worried about the weight of mine since I lifted it on to the stand. They make them bigger & lighter these days.

There's one in every crowd :B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Member for over 11 yrs and just now you are wondering about 'DW' :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
How about "Da Witch"? which is actually a blessing in disguise, because her broom is a very easy Towed to travel with.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The second letter stands for Wife. Just like in DH the h stands for Husband. One has to read the entire message to fully determine what the D stands for. If your wife reads the forum it is always Dear or darling.

On second thought the H in DH may not always mean husband, and the forum rules would not allow an example of other options!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Darling, Dear or D@mn, depends on the context. The auto-censor on this forum goes a little to far.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Darling Wife...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an alphabetized guide to a bazillion of these silly abbreviations....omg - lol

Chat, Forum and Text abbreviations...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a couple to get you started on the Acronyms and Abbreviations.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably any number of four letter words that start with 'D'
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS