cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what year did EGRS , DPF's, DEF etc..show up on DP's

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
In other words when were the last good non-emission diesel DPs made. I have a 2008 RAM 6.7 with it and I believe it was the first year so I assume a similar time frame for DPs?
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
23 REPLIES 23

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
^^^ DEF is urea fluid.

DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, which is urea.

yes I think most all know what I was alluding to; I guess I should have said DPF Diesel particulate filter system(contained in muffler) pre eura fluid systems but in the end one and the same arrived via different methods

I used DEF meaning Diesel exhaust filter

Bruce_Brown
^^^ DEF is urea fluid.

DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, which is urea.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Tntman wrote:
In 2003 they added the EGR. 2006 came the collecter, 2010 came the DEF system.

my late 2007 ISL 425HP cummins has the DEF muffler/regeneration system

2011 (approx.) is when they went to the urea fluid cleaning system

Bruce_Brown
hostage wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
hostage wrote:
BigSkyBob wrote:
When I ordered my rig I demanded a non DEF motor and they found one somewhere. So I have a 2008 rig with what I'm told is a 2006 Cummins motor. Kinda rare I believe. I generally get close to 10 MPG but never run my rig past the torque curve at 62 MPH/1450 RPM.

u must have a special order gear ratio also cause any 40 ft isc or isl diesel Motor home I have owned/driven are all about 1650 @62 MPH
and 10MPG is unheard of in either unit;;

JohnnyT has a higher rear end gear than ours and gets ~10 with his all day long.

well I don't know how as I have never read about owned or talked to anyone with a ISL that got better than 8.5 and that's flat land driving;; 10MPG must have been real easy freeway steady flat road driving I can tell you no one never averaged anything near that

We used to run around 7-7.25, after a few changes we do better now.

We also just returned from a 300 mile trip, some 2 lane, some interstate, some big long hills - and a LOT of generator usage (I'd say 20-25 hours anyway, maybe more) over the entire trip. On this one we averaged 7.6 INCLUDING the generator usage. Needless to say our MPG has indeed improved.
Bruce & Jill Brown

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
In 2003 they added the EGR. 2006 came the collecter, 2010 came the DEF system.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
hostage wrote:
BigSkyBob wrote:
When I ordered my rig I demanded a non DEF motor and they found one somewhere. So I have a 2008 rig with what I'm told is a 2006 Cummins motor. Kinda rare I believe. I generally get close to 10 MPG but never run my rig past the torque curve at 62 MPH/1450 RPM.

u must have a special order gear ratio also cause any 40 ft isc or isl diesel Motor home I have owned/driven are all about 1650 @62 MPH

JohnnyT has a higher rear end gear than ours and gets ~10 with his all day long.

well I don't know how as I have never read about owned or talked to anyone with a ISL that got better than 8.5 and that's flat land driving;; 10MPG must have been real easy freeway steady flat road driving I can tell you no one never averaged anything near that

Bruce_Brown
hostage wrote:
BigSkyBob wrote:

Bruce & Jill Brown

Bruce_Brown
tinkerer wrote:
A lot of 2007 motorhomes have 2006 engines in them. That was before some serious anti-pollution devices. I own one of these coaches. I was told by a diesel mechanic the DEF engines are better engines than the bridge engines before DEF. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We have a 2008 with a 2006 spec ISL. Not only does it need no DEF it can also burn the higher sulfur diesel. The best part was in our MH the ISL was a $6800 adder, however if we agreed to take a pre-emission engine they'd upgrade to the ISL at no additional charge.
Bruce & Jill Brown

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Our previous 2008 Monaco Dynasty 425 ISL Cummins with the first generation DPF design got a regular 7.0-7.5 mpg. We weighed slightly over 40,000 lbs. (sold with 70,000 miles).

Our current coach with the 500 hp Volvo with a DPF and DEF weighing 56,000 lbs., I'm calculating about 6.5-7.0 mpg. (currently, 39,000 miles).

Neither engine has given me trouble with the pollution equipment (so far on the current one).

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
BigSkyBob wrote:

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of 2007 motorhomes have 2006 engines in them. That was before some serious anti-pollution devices. I own one of these coaches. I was told by a diesel mechanic the DEF engines are better engines than the bridge engines before DEF. ๐Ÿ˜‰

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
haddy1 wrote:
The "serious" stuff started with the 2007 EPA and was changed again in 2010. Most everyone used DEF to meet the 2010 standards. Actually, the 2010 engines get better mileage because they can build them looser.

My 2012 Phaeton gets better mileage than my 2003 DP got, even though it weighs about 7000 pounds more.

Could you please tell us people that are not up on the current Diesels, what "build them looser" means?

I got my information directly from Cummins, but it appears that there are several on this forum that know much more than the people who certified the engine. I'm certain that they can tell you "everything".

What I can tell you is that my 2003 Cat got about 8mpg and my current coach frequently exceeds 9mpg. Those numbers are not conjecture, they are facts.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad