cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what year is this coach

JCMack
Explorer
Explorer
On the mountain aire I am looking at the the registration papers for the chassis (workhorse)show it as an 05 unit and on the coach papers it is an 06. I will be going to the license office soon and I don't know the correct answer.
27 REPLIES 27

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
Blaster Man wrote:
The only date that matters is the title.

if its the correct one yes. BUT in this case it sounds like its incorrect?

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
vic46 wrote:
JCMack wrote:
On the mountain aire I am looking at the the registration papers for the chassis (workhorse)show it as an 05 unit and on the coach papers it is an 06. I will be going to the license office soon and I don't know the correct answer.

All of the replies are US based! I would suggest you pursue this matter with an Ontario licensing agency. It would be a great idea to publish the results of your investigation.
Cheers;
Vic

The Actual registration number assigned to this motorhome is 2005
according to the OP.Iam pretty sure at this point it will be registered as a 2005 in Ontario also although based on the letter a poster just posted the link to it sounds like the newmar guys dropped the ball on this one and it should have been registered as a 2006

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The only date that matters is the title.
2014 American Eagle

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
JCMack wrote:

All of the replies are US based! I would suggest you pursue this matter with an Ontario licensing agency. It would be a great idea to publish the results of your investigation.
Cheers;
Vic
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Johno02 wrote:
Read the date part of the VIN number. That is the proper date, reguardless of any other dates you find. Generally a chassis date is at least one year earlier than the model yeat.

Wrong... The final manufacturer determines the title model year in the US for multi-stage vehicles. The chassis is just one part that went into the final vehicle.

Assigning Model Years to Multi-stage Manufactured Motorhomes
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
mtrumpet wrote:
tiredkid wrote:
Johno02 wrote:
Read the date part of the VIN number. That is the proper date, reguardless of any other dates you find. Generally a chassis date is at least one year earlier than the model yeat.

there is two VIN numbers one for coach and one for chassis

TWO seperate VIN numbers? That's a new one on me! :h

should clarify
separate VIN number for the sparton chassis and VIN number for the tiffin motorhome
but its the chassis vin number that goes on the registration
my ID tag reads 4VZBRIDxxxxxxxxxx and 400ABUSO xxxxxxxxxxx

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
tiredkid wrote:
Johno02 wrote:

TWO seperate VIN numbers? That's a new one on me! :h
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Its an 06 model
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
You should not have two registration papers. The coach came with two "Manufacturer of Origin" papers. Those two registrations should have been turned in to the state when the coach was titled. You should have then been issued a ONE state registration (title) that would be dated as manufactured in 2006.

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

nelson
Explorer
Explorer
The chassis was built in 05 but the MH was built in 06 so it is an 06 At least that is how it is in the US
2002 Damon Challenger 348 Ford V10
Blue Ox Auto Stop and Aventa II Tow Bar
2001 Ford Sport Trac with Remco Driveshaft Disconnect

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
If Newmar assembled and issued a MSO in 06 then it is an 06. They purchase chassis ahead of time. Happens all the time

JCMack wrote:
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT