cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Blue Ox protection is better?

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
A couple years ago I purchased a Kar Guard Protective Shield to keep rocks and debris from hitting my 2014 Jeep Sahara that I tow 4 down. It has done it's job 100%, as I have no marks of the front of the Jeep. The only negative thing I can say about it, is it can be frustrating taking it off and putting it on. It has to be lined up just perfect and it takes two of us to do it. It is not unusual to hear some discouraging words from me every time it goes on or off. I recently purchased a new to me DP and the previous owner had a Kar Guard II, which is a heave duty screen that is attached to the Blue O x and then attaches to the front of the Jeep. My question is has anyone used the mesh one, Kar Guard II, and is it effective and how difficult is it to put on/off. Thanks
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
1 REPLY 1

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I fully understand your frustration. I went through the same issue for over a year until a Blue Ox tech showed me the easiest way to install the KarGuard.
1) With your car attached to the towbar and the towbar attached to the towing vehicle, perform the following:
2) Remove the two vertical aluminum tubes from the shield and install them into the receptacle cups on the towbar legs. Lock them in with the lower locking pins.
3) With the long centerpiece "L"-shaped locking bar removed, place the shield into position and pin each vertical locking bar, one side at a time, to the shield. I find that it helps to allow slight movement in the receptacle cups to help positioning of the shield.
4) Install the long centerpiece "L"-shaped locking bar which provides rigidity to the shield. It just drops "In", no lock.
Done!
No frustration, one person operation and less than 5 minutes time to accomplish.
Hope this helps.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy