cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which would you choose and why?

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Same year,same price,similarly equipped. 2003 Roadtrek popular or Pleasureway Exel TD . Now. Have at it.
24 REPLIES 24

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2001 PW Excel TD, preferred it over the RT when we were buying. The RT seemed to have to much emphasis on the plastic spoilers or whatever they are along the exterior bottom; it looked cheap. Our PW is on a Dodge chassis and have not had any trouble handling and there are lots of Dodge vans around if a person ever needed any body parts. The 2003 PW's are on a Ford chassis I believe and don't hear any problems about that except in heavily grooved pavement there may be a little tracking problem at certain speeds unless wheel spacers were added to the chassis.

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
I'd never base a decision on this but we significantly disliked the Roadtrek air conditioner being inside the coach. It was loud and blew right on you when standing in the coach. The PW uses a more conventional roof air which we prefer.
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

loving_retireme
Explorer
Explorer
Take the Dodge and Chevy for a very long drive before you decide. Hard to beat the great handling of the Chevy Express chassis.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it weren't on a Dodge chassis, I'd pick the PW but under these circumstances, I'd prefer the RT Chevy.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Advantages and Disadvantages, Trade-offs.

Me, easy. After many years on B forums, the Express Van handles Much Better with many spending extra dollars trying to solve handing problems.

Have fun shopping.

Oh, Pleasureway is a quality product. If Pleasureway, find a Lexor vs Roadtrek. Then it is just the RV trade-offs.

Bud

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
The PW looks like it is on a Dodge Ram Van chassis. Even though the PW has more inside room due to the fiberglass body, I'd go with the Roadtrek because Chevy parts are still very easy to get, as opposed to parts for a long since killed van.

booster
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Pleasureway quality, but prefer the aisle shower/bath in the Roadtrek (more useful storage). The other factor is that most would say the Chevy will handle considerably better than the Ford.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not buying but just snooping and saw them virtually side by side from same seller.Just trying to stir up a discussion.

ArcticDodge
Explorer
Explorer
I like the bathroom in the Pleasureway. I boondock more often so having a reasonable bathroom to use is a priority for me. Both look great and should serve you well.
2009 Komfort 256TS
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 QC 4x4 Cummins DRW
2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD HEMI
2006 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI
2001 Sebring Convertible
1995 Miata M-Edition
1 Wife :W 2 Boys UW & Bellevue College
1 Trixie (Bichon Frise)
Only 21 years to retirement!!!!

Coalminer_UG
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned a Pleasure Way Unit. I liked it better than a Roadtrek. It all depends on what you want in a unit. Each of us are different.
Ches

Served In Canadian Army 1PPCLI

Retired Underground Coal Miner (Gen Foreman)