cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Williamsburg Va Travel

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Currently in Edenton NC and leaving tomorrow for Williamsburg VA. Have several route options. GPS says 32 North to 13 and evently 664 to 64. Neighbor says take 17 north which is four lane to Norfolk. Two of the routes go through tunnels and 17 a bridge to cross over to Newport News area but a bit out of the way. Question is are either of the routes going through the bridges an issue? Worried about height and clearance. I know out east here there are some tight places and at 45' and 13' of height don't want any problems. Thanks guys and gals
Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy
3 REPLIES 3

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
US17 then onto the interstates as 2hams suggested. Driven US17 thru NC several time with my coach and you'll be fine. Just be sure to stop at the inspection station on I664 before your cross the James River. They will want you to shut the propane tank valve.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I passed right by Edenton on way home tonight...664 to 64 thru the Monitor Murrimac Tunnel..(there is a check for RV's and even if you don't have propane, you have to stop at that checkpoint is the best way, then 64 right to Wburg...Safe travel.no problems with height or length that way...I do it in my sleep.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Take 17 to I664 to I64. You are smaller than the tractor trailers. Depending on the day or time of day you might hit traffic.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW