cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind noise

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2003 Southwind has a lot of wind noise when driving around 65 mph. It sounds like it is coming from over the windshield area, rather than the side windows. We had a 2001 Southwind that was extremely quiet at highways speeds, other than motor noise when climbing steep grades.

Does anyone have any ideas that I might try to reduce some of the noise. I already shot 12 cans of expanding foam above and behind the cabinets over the windshield, but it had little effect.
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy
6 REPLIES 6

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you guys for all of your suggestions. I'm going to try taping as soon as the weather warms up a little more. I'll report back.

Best regards
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

fivejackie
Explorer
Explorer
Our Hurricane had a loud air noise at the top of the windshield. The dealer taped up the top of the windshield and the noise stopped. Then they removed the windshield and installed it with a new seal. That took care of the problem.
Don and Jackie
2115 Hurricane 27K
2113 Redhawk
1992 Pace Arrow

2cAmerica
Explorer
Explorer
We had similar situation, and discovered the "weep" slots plugs along the window frame had been dislodged. After obtain and inserting the plugs - problem solved. Hope this solves your situation.

2Camerica

Carvin_Marvin
Explorer
Explorer
I taped my 02 nooise was greatly reduced

emcee
Explorer
Explorer
Try duct tape over the exterior joints temporarily. If it quiets, remove tape 1joint at a time to identify noise source.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Try slowing down to 60 MPH.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.