cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window fog

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
We are still shopping around for a class a. We've looked at or read about several coaches that had to have their windows replaced due to the seal breaking on the insulated type.

We've been mostly looking at 2005 thru 2010 models. Was there a mfg flaw during this time frame to cause so many failures?

Thanks,

Skip
KillingTime
21 REPLIES 21

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
My first fogged window happened when the coach was 3 months old back in '01. I have since then had a few repaired and now have a couple more to get fixed. It is the nature of the beast. There are two types of foggy windows, those that have fogged and repaired and those that will fog and need repaired.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
My experience has been any good glass shop can repair dual pane windows...key word being "good"....replacing a dual pane window with a single pane will defeat the purpose of the dual pane to begin with. Think better insulation and less noise....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I do not believe its a mfg problem. I know my coach is a 07 diesel and the front door glass is foggy. This is due to just being old I guess.

The cost of a new glass for me is about $1200. I have read of two different methods to fix the problem. One is to remove the glass separate them clean very good and put back together with caulk and tape. Yes there will be not gas in the middle but to me its a trade off worth while. The second is a glass company replacing the glass with a single pain automotive glass.

If you are talking about the normal window glass can not help on that one. I would not let the glass be the issue between getting the coach you like our not.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
wjschill,

We have dual pane windows in our rig and a few have begun to show signs of the fog. Not bad yet, but perhaps this Spring the boys and I will give an attempt at repairing them, or having someone local repair them after we remove them.

I know in years past, folks have posted the names of places which do such work very quickly, as in drop your rig off one day and pick it up the next. I don't know the name of it, but I know at least one place is down in Florida. Next time I'm down that way, if I haven't gotten to the job myself, I may do the research and schedule them to do it. They seemed to be highly recommended.

Dual pane windows ARE very nice in terms of their insulation ability when it's HOT or COLD outside. But, bouncing around in a motorhome can take it's toll on the seals between the two panes. Everything has it's price! LOL

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Inside fogging has been a problem since dual pane windows were developed.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you are talking about the window seal "snaking" which is pretty common on the SE-GI windows. The name SE-GI is printed on the glass. There are several companies that specialize in repairing this window issue and there are even websites and materials to do the repair yourself.

Ares_133
Explorer
Explorer
what is this?