cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windshield Sunshades??

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Do they make an easy to install sunshield for the windshield that will not only block out the sun rays/heat, but will allow you to see out thru it? If so, what brand do you recommend and where to buy. Also, approximately what is the cost? Thanks
Brian
19 REPLIES 19

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
We had Prompt shade on our last motorhome for 14 years and were still in excellent shape. They were on 24/7 when coach was not being driven. I just ordered a Manashade for our new to us coach. We looked at all the shades out there. On my gasser with prompt the shade was held on by bungee hooks on either side. On this coach we would need to use suction cups and didn't like that idea. Didn't want a shade that mounted inside the rv seems like the sun already was beating through the glass heating up the inside on coach. And the last thing I wanted was a shade that I needed to drill in snaps or twist locks into coach still needing a ladder to install and Velcro I think not.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Brian, I bought mine from Sunguard in Palm Springs. I had them make em for my Dynasty and after buying the Exec, I had them made for it also. Six years and they're like new still. They came out to our campsite and did them on site in about two hours. Cost was around $300 for windshield, large side window, one small side window and the door window. They also threw in the wiper covers and a padded carrying case. I was satisfied with their work and how the covers fit....Dennis

Sunguard
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Yep! I recently bought RV Quick Shades and they are excellent! They attach on the inside with suction cups. I like this setup because they are easy to setup and remove and since they are mounted inside, they stay clean. I bought the black ones that during they day does offer a good amount of privacy but at dusk and at night you will want to close the curtains as you can see in then.

It is very notable how much heat they cut down. I can't recommend them enough! An excellent and worthwhile buy!

For my coach the cost was about $180.
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Magneshade!

Eazy Peazy. No ladders.

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran