cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing a washer/dryer combo

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I have blown out the entire water system in our Newmar, but can't seem to get the washer to activate and allow the air to push out the water in the washer line.
Yes I did apply air pressure and operated the washer.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
7 REPLIES 7

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I got the how to do the washer its self. but how do you get the water out of the pipes in the coach?

I've tried to run a wash cycle while air pressure applied. nothing came out. the pink did go down the drain when the spin cycle ran.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If you have reliable power, put two trouble lights in the tub with 60 watt bulbs. I use two in case one dies. Been doing this for years down to 10 degrees, no problems.
2014 American Eagle

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
JustLou.....we are GUYS....we NEVER read the MANUALS......:B:B:B.....Dennis

Normally I would agree with this comment but with our new (to us) coach and since I have never had a washer/dryer until this coach, when winterizing I did RTFM!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

justlou
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
JustLou.....we are GUYS....we NEVER read the MANUALS.

And that is why you see posts run on and on, and by the time you sort through all the mis-information, home grown remedies, and people auditioning for a stand-up routine you may or may not have a suitable solution :B. 30 seconds on Google will usually get you an answer.
justlou
2006 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
JustLou.....we are GUYS....we NEVER read the MANUALS......:B:B:B.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually pump antifreeze thru the lines and run the washer until I see antifreeze in the washer drum. works for me

justlou
Explorer
Explorer
From the Splendide Web Site:

Winterization
How To: If needed, follow these steps to winterize your washer-dryer.
1. With the machine power OFF, pour ยฝ quart of RV-type antifreeze into the washer drum
2. Close the door. Advance the Program Selector knob to a SPIN position
3. Press ON/OFF Button (IN). Wait 1-2 minutes
4. Press ON/OFF Button (OUT). Unplug the washer-dryer from the electrical outlet (or disconnect power)
5. Turn the water supply faucets OFF. Disconnect the inlet hoses from the faucets. Drain any remaining water from the hoses. Finished!

Optional RV Winterization: If youโ€™re currently pumping antifreeze through the fresh water system, follow these steps to winterize:
1. With the machine power OFF, turn the WASH TEMP knob to HOT
2. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty
3. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and let the machine fill until antifreeze is in the drum
4. Advance Program Selector to a RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)
5. Advance Program Selector to a SPIN position. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum
6. Advance Program Selector to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)
7. Turn the WASH TEMP knob to COLD
8. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty
9. Let the machine fill until you see antifreeze in the drum
10. Advance the Program Selector knob to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)
11. Advance the Program Selector knob to SPIN. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum
12. Press the ON/OFF button (OUT). Finished!

To use again: Flush the water pipes, then
1. Reconnect the water inlet hoses to the corresponding HOT/COLD faucets. Turn the faucets ON. (NOTE: Check the water inlet hoses and pump periodically. Refer to the โ€œUse & Care Guideโ€ that came with the machine)
2. Plug the washer-dryer into an appropriate electrical outlet (or reconnect power supply)
3. With the ON/OFF button in the off (OUT) position, pour 1/2 TBSP. of powder detergent (or liquid equiv.) into the โ€˜Detergentโ€™ compartment inside the Dispenser Drawer
4. Advance the Program Selector knob to an EXPRESS cycle
5. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and allow the machine to run through the complete cycle to clean out any remaining antifreeze. Finished!
justlou
2006 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CR-V AWD