Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wipers

Jim_Nina
Explorer
Explorer
my windshield wipers will not turn off. I pulled the wireing harness
Any other thoughts
Do I need to replace switch on steering column ?
2003 wennebago 35u
Jim,Nina & JJ
7 REPLIES 7

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
Mine would not turn off once. I had a Bounder on a w-22 chassis. There was water in the switch after running thru a puddle. I disconnected a molex plug under the hood and blew the water out later with compressed air. That took care of it.

Best place to get wiper arms and blades (frameless ones!) is from Diesel Equipment Corp in Greensboro NC..great bunch of people.

iceyfingers
Explorer
Explorer
You think 28 are bad -- just get some 32

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is kind of on/off topic.

My rig has 28" wipers. now to buy 28: wipers for an RV is.. Expensive.

Got a Tri-co "Perfect fit" for 10 bucks less change.. IT does not fit as purchased.

Drilled (Well ground the head off) the rivet pivot and enlarged the hole left behind to pass the pivot bolt on my Workhorse and ... It fits perfectly.

I now have to go back for another,,, I'll check to see if they have one already drilled (Seems they used to make 'em that way) but I've not problem dremmeling the rivet if I have to.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check all connectors and wd-40 the switch's mechanical parts. You can see if that works.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
I had that problem on a Pontiac many years ago. Even pulling the wires off the back of the switch didn't stop the wipers.

Solution in that case turned out to be replacing a bad wiper switch.

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

Gooseneck
Explorer
Explorer
Looking back at one of my former lives, some of the wiper motors had a mechanical device within that allowed the wiper blades to return to "park" after you turned the wiper switch off. If that part fails it would continue to run even with the wiper switch in the off position. May or may not be your problem, just a thought that might help. Good luck!!
Gooseneck
2003 F350 4DR DRW w/7.3PSD 4WD
Upfitted/Updated Dutchmen 30' 5er

Louandsal
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem on my 2009 Winnebago Meridian. A new wiring harness for the wiper control was ordered and took about 15 minutes to switch out. It sure was nice to not have them going back and forth on a sunny day!!