cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to hear from Georgie Boy Pursuit Owners

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 1997 / 1998 Georgie Boy Pursuit I have managed to track down some of the info on it. It is a 1997 chassis assembled in Mexico. I traced the vin number. The coach is a 1998 The chassis is a ford F-53 and the coach is a model 3512 SO No problem getting info on the ford chassis, but can find no info on the coach. The overall length is 34 ft 6 inches, including the ladder. It was sold to me as a 32 ft. Not sure if it was titled as a 97 or a 98 the bank has the title. I can find lots of information on the chevy models, but not on the Ford. It has a bigfoot leveling system with air dump. I don't think it has air suspension, But it might have. to cold and snowy to crawl under and see. I have the owners manual but it is next to worthless. I would like to hear from past and present owners of Georgie Boy Pursuit model years 96 to 98 this Type motor home. letting me know about, Problems, and things to watch out for ect.

Mel
2004 Thor Four Winds Infinity R32 Class A Motor Home with F-53 Ford Chassis. Toad is a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.
10 REPLIES 10

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

One item to watch for/check on your 460 V8 is exhaust manifold leaks. The passenger side rear bolt is particularly vulnerable to breaking and possible manifold or head cracking.

Well I finally got brave enough and the temperature was in the 40's to Take off the Dog House and look at the motor. What a surprise. Former owners had put a set of headers and a Banks ram air system on it. Guess I won't have to worry about cracked exhaust manifold now.The hoses and belts looked to be in good shape and still soft and clamps tight.
2004 Thor Four Winds Infinity R32 Class A Motor Home with F-53 Ford Chassis. Toad is a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
dieselgrin wrote:
We just bought our 1st MH 7/14, a 2001 Pursuit. I believe the frame is a 2000, I don't know how to determine the series folks are talking about. It's been a blast taking it out camping. We even went to Fort Wilderness with the grand kids. Was hoping for a little better gas mileage. Replaced a rear wheel seal and had a short in electrical that created a hot skin. Hope to hear from other GB owners.
There should be a printed Spec sheet in one of the closets giving you the model make and series. You can use one of the free Vin number utils to trace down the Chassis and it will tell you where it was manufactured. You might be surprised. My Ford F-53 was assembled in Mexico and is a 1997 but the coach is a 1998 3512 SO georgie Boy was sold to Coachman and coachman was later aquired by Forest River. There is still manuals and information on the Coachman web site.
Mel

dieselgrin
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought our 1st MH 7/14, a 2001 Pursuit. I believe the frame is a 2000, I don't know how to determine the series folks are talking about. It's been a blast taking it out camping. We even went to Fort Wilderness with the grand kids. Was hoping for a little better gas mileage. Replaced a rear wheel seal and had a short in electrical that created a hot skin. Hope to hear from other GB owners.

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Lots of good info. Keep it coming Folks I am getting an education here about the older Georgie Boys and the F-53 ford chassis.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my '96 GBM Cruise Master, but it should be close to your Pursuit. Keep an eye on the front cap to rubber roof joint on the front passenger side. Make sure you have that area well sealed. FWIW, if the roof hasn't been resealed it is long over due.

As far as the F53 is concerned keep an eye on the calipers, change the brake fluid every two years, and look at the rear sway bar bushings. A nice cheap split pair can be bought off of EBay and will improve handling when big trucks go by.

Also make sure the rear shackles on the front leafs are free to swing. I would just spray them down with ATF and after a few months my ride got a lot better. My thoughts are they rust losing the ability to deflect so the leaf spring becomes worthless as a suspension.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

mhbell
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We have a 2001 Georgie Boy Landau on a 2001 F53 chassis with the V10 engine. As said, the Bigfoot levelers are easy to use, and to answer the "Air Dump" question, no, you do not have an air ride suspension system, so that feature is inactive. The same panel is used in DP's where the dump feature may be used.

One item to watch for/check on your 460 V8 is exhaust manifold leaks. The passenger side rear bolt is particularly vulnerable to breaking and possible manifold or head cracking.
Thanks for the heads up on the exhaust manifolds. Guess I will pull the doghouse and have a look at the engine. It has 42,498 miles on it. I am thinking it might be a good idea to check belts and hoses and change fluids. So far the unit runs good and starts right up. I have already modified where the TV went and replaced the Analog TV with a HDTV and replaced all of the Light bulbs with L.E.D. Lights. Details in my Blog at http://rvbloggers.wordpress.com/ or Click Hereclick here

vector
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second that Landau is the more "luxo" version, and the Pursuit more of an entry level coach, although the two models do have many common traits. Also x2 on the air dump. It may that on the panel but that's an inactive function. We had a 460 in a C Class unit before this and the cold spit of the curbside exhaust manifold was certainly evident. Depending on your budget and your intention to keep the motorhome, you might consider installing a set of headers. One big improvement for us has been changing out the absorption refrigerator for a residential unit. There are a few models right around 10 cu ft that are slim enough to fit without major surgery. DW really likes the frost free feature.
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
They were made in Edwardsburg, MI, just North of the IN. border near Elkhart. Coachman bought them out many years back. They were a fairly good entry level MH. I had looked at on back around 2000. The Landau was the more deluxe version.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2001 Georgie Boy Landau on a 2001 F53 chassis with the V10 engine. As said, the Bigfoot levelers are easy to use, and to answer the "Air Dump" question, no, you do not have an air ride suspension system, so that feature is inactive. The same panel is used in DP's where the dump feature may be used.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

vector
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2001 built on a 2000 F53 chassis, a 3512DS. There is a main slide on the street side like yours, but we also have a curbside bedroom slide. Ours is powered with a V10 instead of the 460 V8. Most of the coach works I would think are the same. The Bigfoot levelers are a snap to use and Quadra has great tech service. We like our coach and have owned it for ten years and almost 50K miles. PM me if you have any concerns or questions that I might be able to answer.
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD