cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chocolate Lasagna

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Made this recipe for the first time, for the 4th. It was a big hit.
I put a good layer of ice in the ice chest, and sat the pan on top - slid the ice chest under the table to keep it out of the sun. Told everyone to get it out, take what they want, and put it back, to keep it good and cold. Worked out well. Grandkids, who are sneaky eaters, told me I can make that again.

Several layers to make, but it worked well for me. I chilled each layer before adding the next step - so it gave me a chance to rest my back in between.

It's rich - a little goes a long way. A full pan served 16 ppl, including several teens who eat more than older folks -- If you were to have a small gathering, it would be easy to half the recipe and put it in a 9 by 9 pan.

Chocolate Lasagna

INGREDIENTS

1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) โ€“ about 36 cookies
6 Tablespoon butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk

1 tsp vanilla
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided (I used 2 - 8 oz tubs)
2 โ€“ 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/4 cups cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.

2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.

3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.

4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.

5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder
5 REPLIES 5

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
ok everythingis mixed and waiting, where do I put the noodles?

Ummm... in the cabinet. :B
I didn't name the recipe.... I just made it.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
ok everythingis mixed and waiting, where do I put the noodles?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anything that's both chocolate and lasagne has my immediate attention!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
This sounds really good. Going to try it next time kids come over.

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
I gained 5 pounds just reading this:B
Now I've gotta make it.....LOL!!
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets